Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Calling Southernspeed (and any other dang europeans)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 78Suburban, Oct 25, 2006.

1. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

There's a chance I may get to go study at Oxford for a while next year (september of 2007-june 2008) with the study abroad program at my university. How far are you from Oxford? Any advise? ........just planning ahead.. Would be kinda cool to meet ck5ers across the world and what not..

James

2. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Sounds fun! :D

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Man I would jump on it. One of very few regrets I have is not traveling more when I was younger. I thought I would travel a lot when I joined the Marines but it didn't work out like that:dunno:

When I was in Toledo we met a girl (young lady, whatever) who was a student from Wisconsin. She was very happy she went into the program. She was working at the tourist office and was the only native English speaker in the office.

Not that that would matter to you if you went to England. ...uh, I guess I have nothing useful to add:crazy:

4. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah I'm about 80 or so miles from Oxford which can be either an hour and a bit or 4 hours drive depending on the bloody M25!!!!
    Oxford is a real historical place, I like it. Ever watch 'Morse' with John Thaw? It was based there.
    As it's a University City there'll be loads of night life 'cause the place is full of damn students:rolleyes: :D .
    It's a pretty easy going place. Safe. Let me know if you do it, I'll come over and buy you a beer!:D

Dang Yankees!:D

5. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

Sounds lilke a blast... I think I'm going to sign up for it in the next week or two. I think with my GPA being what it is, as long as I can keep it up (which I'm pretty sure I can), it'll be no problem (according to the letter at least). I'm starting to look foward to it now :bow:

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

you better get your a$$ on the list now. most of those things are first come first served. and it showes you want in if you are one of the first to sign up.