Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Calling the 500ci CAD guys

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 2High4U, Dec 20, 2005.

1. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

Im looking for a book on the 500 cad motors cause the one I picked up is in peices and is a little different than what im used to.

I could also use some info on what years and what cars they came out of.

I dont think i have the motor with the pan that fits into my k5 cause its front sump an eldorado motor has a rear sump? How do i accomplish a rear sump for my front sump motor (conversion kit? or eldorado oil pump filter? and pan?)

thanks

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Search.....

There is lots of info at www.500cid.com You will need a rear sump eldorado pan in most cases..and the oil pump pickup tube and screen..there are a few good photos of motor mounts at www.geocities.com/bigblockman472/VictimizerRacing.com_78Chevrollac ...there are a few other good Caddy websites too,but the first one listed has a message board you can search for posts on..try looking for "4x4 GM Truck" swaps..I think some aftermarket company now makes an oilpan..maybe Moroso??..:confused: :crazy:

3. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

The Big Inch Cadillac book, written by Doc Frohmader, is now available through WebRodder.
    Filled with tech info on machining, parts, building, specifications, tips and tricks, it is more than you ever thought you'd know about the Big Cadillacs.
    Also includes a detailed history of the Cadillac engines from day one and a rare visit to the Cadilac Historical Collection.
    Entertaining, historical, but mostly a solid tech manual for anyone who owns or builds these engines.
    [​IMG]

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

x2 on big inch cadillac, every caddy board i went to while building mine recomended that book

5. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

Cool thanks if its what you say it is and recommend it then thats what im looking for!