Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Calling the Grim Reaper!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jwduke, Sep 23, 2003.

1. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

Grimm, when you were playing with the proportioning valve, in your rear disc brake conversion, did you try disconnecting the lines (For the rear brakes), coming into the pv & out of the pv, then connecting them into the adjustable pv? This was a suggestion I got from Classic tube. Any thaughts on this???

2. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Calling the Grim Reaper... Dood, thats suicidal!

Had to say it... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

I agree, but it's got to be done!!!

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

No I didn't. I disabbled the PV and made it a distribution block. The only thing that it will still do is trip the light on the dash if one circuit looses pressure. Details are in the write up on the front page. The most important detail is how to bleed the PV . /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

If the rear circuit has air in it it effects peddle feel worse then if the front does. THe way a master cylinder workes is when both circuits have pressure the rear piston creates pressure between it and the front piston and drives it forward with the pressure and not any mechanical connection. If the rear circuit has air in it, it will eventually bottom and drive the front pistion but the peddle is all the way at the floor.

Here is the trick to get that PV bleed. Loosen the line in on the top for the rear circuit till it's leaking good. Tap the PV with a wrench to dislodge any bubbles. Keep a close eye on the reservior because the rear circuit is gravity bleeding. May take a couple tries.

Took me a while to figure that trick out. The angle the PV is mounted it's just about impossible to get it to bleed if it get's air in it.