Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CalROCS Boulevard Brawl

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BAJA_BLAZER, Mar 19, 2004.

1. BAJA_BLAZER

BAJA_BLAZER 1/2 ton status Author

Will anybody be at the CalROCS Boulevard Brawl this weekend?

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I think Chaz will be competeing in it with his yellow buggy.

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I should have been there right now........
    Look for the boys from Wa.....

4. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I believe Esteban and Jason (Esteban86K5 and willyswanter) will be down there judging /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yup, it was a blast but hot as hell and I'm way too sunburned for comfort...

6. BAJA_BLAZER

I made it out on Saturday and had a good time. The only other rock crawling event that I had been to was an ARCA event in Cedar City, UT a couple of years ago where I hung out with Walker Evans and Randy who I had gotten to know several years before through Off-road Racing. I asked Walker how he liked Rock Crawling compared to Desert Racing. His answer summed up what I felt Saturday; “It’s like watching snow melt.” By the way he won that event. I know that will upset some of you, but you have to admit there is way too much down time between runs. Saturday I spent most of the afternoon at A3, a tough 40 foot vertical that only one competitor made without a winch. The Red Bull Chevy made it but he was not competing and would have timed out anyway if he had been. A couple of rigs had minor breakage at the base of the climb (PS line leak that pumped all the fluid out, fitting on an Atlas T-Case that lost some gear lube) and the left them there while they fixed them holding up the action for what seemed like forever. They should have dragged them out of the way and kept things moving. Snow melts faster than that! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

"Rockcrawling is for geriatrics who are scared of the skinny pedal."

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

There were 14 other courses to choose from. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif A3 was a nasty climb but I like the ones that aren't so verticle and take a bit more driveing to get up instead of stacking rocks and steppingon the skinny pedal. I was judging B1 and had at least half of the 35 rigs roll or come close to it. There were a few good rolls on the other B courses too. It's all in what you like. Some like it fast and technicle, others like it slow and technicle. Although some do try to combine the 2 and smash the skinny pedal alot. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. BAJA_BLAZER

Pictures from A3

Here is a picture at A3. Notice the spotters rope, he tried to save it, but... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

[​IMG]

10. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Re: Pictures from A3

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Oh yeah that was car #2 I remember him, he couldn't get up my obstacle either. COG was too high. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif