Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cam choice and more ??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kerwinq, Mar 21, 2004.

1. kerwinq

kerwinq Registered Member

I am going to be swapping engines in the 4X4 soon and what some opinions. I built a 350 with 10:1 and a mild RV cam in(not sure of the numbers) for a 2 wheel drive.
    This engine will be going in the 4X4 but I want to put a bigger cam in to give it more power. I would like to be able to hear the cam, (if I need to add a vaccuum canister that is fine) I have been looking at the extreme energy cam among others. What do you think would be good for a mainly street driven truck?
    I will be putting a 750 Carb on, is there a difference between the Carter and Edlebrock?
    What would be the best intake to go with?

Thanks for the help, Kerwin

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

3. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

I know someone (Beast388) with that very cam in his 388....It has a 'slight' lope at idle, and pulls very strong to about 4500 rpm's.

I would guess with the smaller displacement of your 350, it would pull a bit more rpm and have a bit more sound at idle.

4. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I am using the cam that SUBFAN listed above in my 388. That cam was recommended by Comp Cams after I called and gave them all of the specs for my motor and application.

I would recommend that you do the same. Being able to hear the cam isn't nearly as important as being able to mash the gas and launching......rather than stumbling. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Call Comp cams at 1-800-999-0853 . Give them the specs on the motor, and what you plan to do with the vehicle, and they'll recomend a cam.