Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cam for a 91 tbi blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FatBoyBlazer, Apr 28, 2003.

1. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

i want to geta mild cam for my bone stock 350 motor....but its fuel injected..what is every one else out there running it they're tbi motors...or does any one have and suggestions..i want todo some roller tip rockers, and some headers(afterburners...i've already got a k&n and true duals with high flow cats and flowmaster 40s...any body know another way to gain more power in my blazer....

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I know www.turbocity.com sells a computer setup for TBI chevy's when you run a low lift cam.

3. FatBoyBlazer

any one else???

4. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Petersen's 4-wheel and offroad website has Comp-Cams PN 12-249-4 listed as a cam for the TBI engines.
    I was also told the 260H will work OK with the TBI's.

How did the hill-climb go last weekend?

5. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

I've got the Crane CompuCam 114112. Rated for low to mid range HP and good low end torque and vacuum.

Unfortunately; then engine is in an unfinished Blazer so I can't tell you how it performs yet. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. FatBoyBlazer

it went good there were nitro injected trucks and buggies.i was up against a ford with a 390 they said said that he won i'll have the video up soon so you can see...there was a bone stock blazer that didn't make the hill.but there was also a bronco with 460 that didn't make the hill....the next one is on june 1st and i'm hoping to have a cam or atleast headers so i'll have better chance of winning..... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. Xtreme Off-Road

Xtreme Off-Road Registered Member

I used a Crane cams 114122 in my TBI 383 and got excellent results. So with your 350, the 114112 should work great. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

First off, welcome to CK5. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Secondly, I'm interested to hear about your TBI 383 and how things are working for you. What "ingredients" are in it, what kind of power numbers are you making, and what mods did you have to make to allow the engine to mesh well with the emission systems, computer, and fuel injection?

9. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I am also running a 383, Vortec heads, Edlebrock MPFI, LT1 roller cam, Edlbrock custom chip. Wasn't dynoed, but should be running around 350hp, 415 ft/lbs torque. The cam is somewhat mild so I wouldn't have to do a lot of custom programming. Based upon the power this engine produces, I can't imagine what it would do with a big cam.

10. CCRider

CCRider 1/2 ton status

Derf00 , Your truck looks awesome!!! I am building almost the exact same style bumper you have on the front!!(had it in my head and couldn't believe it when I saw Yours!!!) Is yours 2" or 1.75" tubing??? nice paint!!! Just Awesome!!..............CC /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

11. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have a Crane Compu-Cam 2030 in my TBI 350 and it runs very well. I think if I get in there again I will advance it 2 degrees to give 'er a little more bottom end (some is good, more is better theory /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif) Just my $.02

12. Xtreme Off-Road

Xtreme Off-Road Registered Member

The list is way to long to post. But if you PM me we can talk about it.
    /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif