Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cam, heads, etc

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by adamforsythe, Sep 15, 2005.

1. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

Hello,
    What would be the best cam and head combo to stick on a fresh 350?
    What power ranger would be best? (Idle to 5500RPM, 1500-6600, etc)
    It would be going into a K5 with a Th350 Np208 (soon to be NP205) 3.73 with 33" tires (Spring Summer fall time) 31" tires (Winter).
    I want to be able to to push the gas from a dead stop (NO BRAKE) and smoke the tires off. :bow:
    I will be adding a shift kit to the tranny also.

I know the combo I want I just want to see what you guys would do.
    Thanks
    Adam

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

With those guidlines, the smallest Comp 4x4 grind, and a 2200 rpm stall converter. (For lighting the baloneys.)

3. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

Vortec heads and the biggest cam you can use with the stock valve springs (about .450", if I recall). Of course, you will need to buy a vortec specific intake and valve covers, buy you are setting up a fresh 350 so that shouldn't be a problem anyway.

4. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

AFR's... if you don't have a grand laying around then get some darts for 800... if you can't afford that then go vortech.

as for the cam... i'd like to try out one of those Zcams crane advertises as a bolt on 40 hp... supposedly it opens the valve quicker with the same amount of lift giving better off idle tq and mid range performance without losing top end.

Or the tried and true 4x4 cam from comp cams. I'd look up the specs if it wasn't 2 A.M... :D