Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cam recommendation ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mjfoster49, Dec 7, 2005.

1. mjfoster49

mjfoster49 Registered Member

I called comp cams and their reccomendation was 12-239-3, but I filled out the form on their website and they said 12-235-2. I just wanted to get your opinions to see which one I should get. I have a 350, 4.56 gears stock heads, edlebrock performer intake, headers, 700r4. I dont do much crawling, maby 3-4 times a year. down here we mostly have mud, and I go to the sand dunes once a month.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2005
  2. fatdog

fatdog Registered Member

I ran the 12-239-3 in a 406 long rod engine with ported heads and I thought it was a great cam. The truck was stock 3.73 gears and 31" tires. When I was building the engine I was hoping it wouldn't be lopey @ idle and it wasn't. However, in your 350 it might have a little lope to it. You don't mention tire size, but with 4.56 gears I would think it would be fine. This cam in the 406 had great power right from idle:D, I was very pleased with it. Comp cams recommended it for me over the phone also. I don't know all your specifics, but I don't think there is a bunch of difference between these two cams anyway, so either would probably be ok for your application.