Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cam suggestions?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MJB774X, Feb 20, 2003.

1. MJB774X

MJB774X 1/2 ton status

currently my blazer has a 350 with a performer intake, quadrajunk, headers and a mild rv cam. it also has a 465/205,4:56 gears and 36" tsl's, I want a cam that is a little more radical, but still want good torque at about 1700 rpm's, along with the cam will be a new performer rpm with a new holly 600 vacume sec. anyone have this or close to this combo?... any suggest on a good cam the more lopier the better, just want to keep the low end /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. blueturd

blueturd Registered Member

I would suggest trying to get some feed back from Comp Cams. I have a computer program that simulates a dyno, their specs seemed to give good numbers.

3. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I would second the idea of calling Comp Cams or any cam company's tech line. They will ask you all the specs of your rig and recommend the best cam for your needs. I called Comp and I used the cam that they recommended and am very happy with it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

4. MJB774X

MJB774X 1/2 ton status

good idea, I guess the experts would know best, thanks for the suggestions /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif