Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cam too Big?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Troopie's Tonka, Jul 3, 2003.

1. Troopie's Tonka

Troopie's Tonka 1/2 ton status

One of my buddies just bought a 79 Chevy Silverado 4X4. I am going to talk him into becoming a member here!!!! Anyway, he had a question---Is this engine set up a good one or is the cam too big??
    Motor... less then 2000 miles on rebuild, 350 Cid. 60 over, Flat top pistons, stock Reman Cyl.Heads with 194/160 Valves, Screw in studs, Guide Plates, Roller Tip Rocker arms,& a set of Alm. ball milled valve covers, Stock Crank (bearings are standerd) Summit Hyd.Cam shaft 234/244 - 488/510, Topped off with an Edelbrock dual plane Intake and a 750 Quadrajet Carb, and Stock HEI Ign.

Any responses are appreciated, thanks alot
    or you can go to
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=2419060825&indexURL=1&photoDisplayType=2
    to check out his new toy!!

2. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Depends on what he is going to use it for. It would be alright if he is into mud racing where high rpm's is where its at, but I think that cam might be too hefty for rocks. Looks like that truck was built for mud though.
    Those cam specs sound really similiar to a Edelbrock Performer RPM.

Kris

3. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Thats a real nice looking truck I wish they would stop making those thornburgs thoguh /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif But I LOVE those wheels and still mad the replaced them with the SS2's before I had the $$$ for them he even got the size I wanted /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif