Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

camaro 350 TPI problems

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by DUKE, Jul 29, 2003.

1. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

First thing first

91 Z28 5.7L TPI Auto

Problem 1
    code 22 Low voltage at throtle posistion senceor TPS

Problem 2
    Sometimes will not start, power to everything will not turn over, crank, or try. Reading the codes will allow it to start.
    Engine will not start, Turn to off, insert paper clip, let the codes flash, turn off, remove clip, and the car starts.

Problem 3
    After harder driving/traffic/heat problem 2 seems to happen. Often but not everytime the check engine light will come on for a minute.

Problem 4
    after the driving in problem 3, at a stop the idle will be rough, not irratic or jumping in rpm, just like its shivvering, also the oil pressuse drops and become irratic. Putting it in part or neutral helps and the idle is normal. This only happens after harder/llonger driving.

Problem 5
    On the highway, between 65-75 and around 2500 rpm there is a lunging feeling at light throttle. Likewise after problem 4 there seems to be a slight hessitation at light throttle. these problems are none exsisting throughout the rpm range in nuetral and park.

that is about as copleate as I can think right now, I would appreasiate your ideas and insite. Let me know if i need to clearify anything.

2. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Go to the other Camaro thread and I posted a couple of links to boards that can help you.

John

3. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

ive posted the same post at camaroz28.com thirdgen.org and some other, no replies after almost a week........ This place is soo much better.