Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Camaro BBC headers in a k5?? yup

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SkysTheLimit, Feb 27, 2007.

1. SkysTheLimit

SkysTheLimit 1/2 ton status

Yup. they fit. Quite nicely too. The driver's side needs a tad shaved off the motor mount but the passenger side has none of the typical issues like hitting the shackle or driveshaft.

How stoked am I to have this finally figured out. I finally got serious about trying to fit the headers cause they looked so close. I figured out the path and angles they had to take but once in, they fit up nicely. You have to remove the bolts holding in the inspection cover on a 700r4, the oil filter and of course the spark plugs. I went in from below as well.

If anyone ever has issues finding big block headers for our trucks, apparently hooker headers for a 81 camaro work just fine. :pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

2. Chrisblazzer89

Chrisblazzer89 1/2 ton status

Awsome!!! pics??

3. 54inches

54inches 1/2 ton status

SWEET! I love Camaros!

4. jtrux

jtrux 1/2 ton status

Cool, not trying to jack your thread but if anybody is interested I had luck fitting chevelle and/or camaro bbc headers in a 1st gen...as long as it isn't a 4 speed truck (ask me how I know).

5. SkysTheLimit

Not yet. I pulled them out so I can dress them up a little. I got some 1200 degree paint tonight and need to get some gaskets tomorrow. I'll install them this weekend and post up some pics.

6. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

USELESS THREAD WITHOUT PICS.

Jtrux & SkysTheLimit - post them up. :deal:

I have no interest in asking you how you know....

7. SkysTheLimit

This weekend I'll have pics.

Even though you're not interested, it is in an interesting story how I came to know. The donor car of the motor I dropped in was a 81 camaro. I happened to have the headers laying around and they looked like they might fit. What's the harm in trying? It's probably the first break I've gotten on the whole project.

8. jtrux

jtrux 1/2 ton status

Well, no pics from me, as soon as the big block went in, it came out. I didn't feel like messing with trying to make it fit, especially since I had a sbc sitting in the garage as well.

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I had Camaro SBC headers on my K5. Fit great. No issue with the shackle hangers. Only issues were, with the Mechanical clutch the adjuster rod rubbed on a primary tube(easily clearanced), and with the stock height truck the front driveshaft met the collector once. Only happened once(self clearancing) and never caused a problem afterwards. I put those same headers on my Sub too.