Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Camaro custom License Plate?

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by Ryan B., Feb 22, 2002.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Wel,l I'd like to hear some people's opinions...
    I've got a <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/Ryans1972Blazer/picsoftodds67camaro.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&amp;PhotoID=80>'67 RS/SS Camaro</a> (original RS) with a 454 bored + .070" which makes it a 469 cube big block...

I wanted to get the license plate "RSSS469" but for some reason it got rejected, probally for the "4 69"...
    I wanted to get RSSS454 but it's already taken.
    I was thinking of getting RSSS468 (but that is a .060" over 454 not .070" over) or RSSS470 (some people call a .070" over 454 a 470?

I'm really leaning towards "RSSS427" considering i have all 427 emblems on the car to let everyone know it's got a big block under the hood and it ain't no 396 either...
    I think the "427" would be a little more modest, that way people would think it's "only" a 427 and not even bigger 454+ inches.

What do ya guys think? Any suggestions would be appriciated.[​IMG]

[Real Men Don't Care About Gas Mileage Or Rapid Tire Wear!]<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albuo19>
    MY 1972 K/5</a>
    RyanB.

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

IMAPOSR..LOL ( I'm a poser)
    2FAST4U
    1QUIK67

or if you want the rs part do it back wards. 469RSSS..see what they say.
    NOTAK5..LOL

<hr></blockquote>
    What do you mean, Where did I get it??...I <font color=blue>BUILT</font color=blue> the damn thing!!

3. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

What about "RSSS BB"? Then everyone would know it is a big block(if they figure out what BB is).

<a target="_blank" href=http://www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch>www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch</a>
    NEW EMAIL: schochperf@nc.rr.com

4. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

*muddin hits ryan over the head with a board, grabs keys and runs out the door giggling* [​IMG]

That thing is sweeeeet!!!!

<font color=green>Um....having trouble coming up with somptin good...</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

5. muddin4fun

8YRRICR-ate your ricer [​IMG]

<font color=green>Um....having trouble coming up with somptin good...</font color=green>

6. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Ryan you have some toys huh? Awsome! here are some ideas, I don't know how many spaces your allowed, here its 7....URTOAST, RSSSBB, 2QUIK4U, IMPTHTR, EUROHTR, or the ever popular FORDSUK.. Hope you find a fit and you let us know.

The Red Beast

7. Ryan B.

Thanks for the responses and ideas.
    Anymore?

I just checked and 469RSSS the other way around isn't taken so I could try that... On the form i'll write under the part meaning: CLASSIC MUSCLE CAR! FOUR HUNDRED SIXTY NINE CUBIC INCH ENGINE, RALLEY SPORT- SUPER SPORT CAMARO!!!

Hopefully whoever the paperwork goes to, they'll see its for a classic car and doesn't have some other meaning and go for it... I just hope it's not in the computer system somewhere where you can't have the 469 anywhere in the licence plate because it "may be considered offensive" is what the paper said that came back with the refund check.

If 469RSSS is rejected also, then I'm probally leaning towards RSSS427.

I already thought about RSSS BB or RSSSBBC but those just don't quite do it for me.

I was good today... some dude in a late '90's LT1 blue Z28 camaro pulled up next to me first at a light today on the expressway... in rush hour traffic of course on my way home from work...
    He looks over at the emblems and asks me "Hey is that really a 427 under the hood?"
    And I shook my head and said NOPE. He looked at me kinda weird and I said..."BIGGER" His eyes got all big.
    The guy was like "Lets see what it can do!" and started revving his engine and I just shook my head no. and said I don't race.
    I Didn't need to prove anything... although it was so damn tempting! I coulda passed him all sideways and squirrly (like i did a new SS), but decided not to. It has a hard time staying in it's own lane if i jump on it. If there were no cars around it may have been different...
    But i think I'm growing up.[​IMG]

[Real Men Don't Care About Gas Mileage Or Rapid Tire Wear!]<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albuo19>
    MY 1972 K/5</a>
    RyanB.

8. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

But i think I'm growing up.

<hr></blockquote>

Your not Growing up at all... Just getting a little smarter with old age... And a growing a little rounder very day

Prembird
    [​IMG] <font color=blue> If it aint</font color=blue><font color=red> LOUD </font color=red><font color=blue> Then turn it </font color=blue><font color=red> UP</font color=red> [​IMG]

9. BUCK70

BUCK70 Registered Member

Rear tag call sign--CUL8R "see you later",

10. muddin4fun

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I coulda passed him all sideways and squirrly

<hr></blockquote>

I love that! My hubby has an IROC and every now and then I get to drive it *evil grin*. One time a little ricer had cut me off then slowed way down (this was just after a turn so we weren't going very fast) and it was one of those 3 lanes and goes down to two. I was behind him in the middle lane and there was a guy in the right lane. The left lane was going to start narrowing down, so I went in the left lane and started to pass him and he punched it *wiiiiiiinngg!* You know the "ricer growl" so I floored it and I fishtailed a little and ended up blowing his doors off sideways! LOL! It was so fun!!

<font color=red>Stupid people shouldn't tell other stupid people how not to be stupid</font color=red>

11. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Its fun spanking new Zs and SSs. They think there new LS1 cars are the $hit, then when you fly past them they just have the dumb look like how did he beat me :) I love doing that every once in a while. I just bought a boat, and there is no speed limit on the water here in AZ. My boat goes 80 mph!!! Time to kick butt on the water now too.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&33"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

12. Ryan B.

You got it dude. I don't understand these guys with factory SS or Z28's even Mustang GT's or Cobras... they all think that the new factory stuff with a K&amp;N and flowmasters can spank anything on the street. They take a look at old iron and think that there isn't any possible way that it could be faster than the new LS1's etc.

I don't even look twice at ricers. One dude in a civic wanted to run his topend (or lack there of) on the freeway. LOL! [​IMG]
    With my 4:11's i was at about 4,000 when he came up at about 65 mph... i hear this moooo moooooo and look over at this guy. I laugh and drop the hammer, wind it up to about 6,000 before i let off at a little over a hundred. Didn't even see where he went. I get that from mustangs on the freeway all the time too.
    I'm still waiting for a viper to pull up on me and see what my car can do. I could probally pull on him until i let off at 7K then the viper would kick it into overdrive and blow by me till he hits like 160 heh. I'd love to see how my camaro compares to a viper.

MY 1972 K/5</a>
    RyanB.

13. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

there lies yet another YBUYNEW!! haha suckers!!!

The Red Beast

14. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I know I've seen it before but just looking at those pics is killing me. I gotta find that rust free 69 Chevelle quick. So far everything nationally is junk or mega bucks.

I always used to loved wiping the floor with guys with my old 70 1/2 Z28... I really miss that car

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

15. Ryan B.

Just an update for anyone who's interested...
    After my first request RSSS469 was rejected by the DMV...
    I just ordered 469RSSS hopefully this will be the one, otherwise it's back to the ideas....

Thanks 55willy for pointing that out... why not just turn it around and see what they say? I probally would have gotten around to seeing that but you pointed it out before i had a chance to figure it out on my own. thanks dude.
    I should know in a month if i don't get a reject letter then i guess it means i got that plate... it should take 8-10 weeks to be ready. that is after the guys up in folsom prison make that plate for me.

16. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

sweet. we only get 6 characters here so we have to be creative,LOL

17. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

wow- you have to wait for a "rejection letter"... when I just registered MudNurI-- I went in to the DMV, had the form filled out- with 3 options- MUDNURI, MLMNSTR (mall monster) and LVTRASH-- (johns D/A has LVTRSH...).. and the lady said- is MUDNURI your first choice- I said yup- she pulled up the screen, all set, you got it- and its mine, had it not been avail- she would have gone to MLMNSTR, then to LVTRASH... sucks to have to wait to find out!..

Brandy

18. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Some of my buddies old plates.....

IM2KWIK...Im too quick / Mustang 5.0

BOTLFED...Bottle fed / SS454 P/U w/ nitrous