Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

camber??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Guss, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Guss

Guss Registered Member

my driver fron looks to have camber when wheels are straight. is this possible on a 90 blazer whithout a bent axle. i dont have any vibration.

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

are your wheel bearings or ball joints going bad?

3. Guss

Guss Registered Member

just repacked the wheel bearings when i installed new rotors they seemd fine
    havnt realy checked the ball joints

4. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

actually negative camber is when the tops of the tires tip in...and you get negaitve camber when you lower a vechile..go look at the ricers..positive camber is the top of the tires tipping out, and this happens when you lift a vechile..(non S.A.)

and to counter act the crown in the road, you adjust the caster...

toe and camber wear tires out, caster does not.

but castor will cause the vechile to pull to one side or the other, and caster affects the rate at which your steering wheel returns back to center

so to counter act the road crown you run more caster on the passenger side, so it pushes against the road crown, and the vechile goes straight.

Allthough "technically" your not susposed to have your vechile go straight when you let go of the wheel..the road crown is there for A. water run off, and B. if you fall asleep, you will drive off to the side of the road instead of crossing over and hitting someone head on...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2005
  5. garp0602

garp0602 Newbie

Thanks for the clarification sheoldeblaze. My bad on the castor, camber, toe post. I retracted it. Never want to get bad info out on the board.

6. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

no problem, always glad to help someone out when i can :waytogo:

Don't worry about retracting your post, its ok. we all make mistakes :D but thats why i like this place, even if your wrong, they don't "jump all over you" well for the most part they dont :haha: