Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

camok5 continues...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84gmcjimmy, Sep 7, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

wasn't to busy today, so I got more done...
    took the hood off, windsheild wipers-what hell that was, I couldn't get them off /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    then the windsheild cowl, grill, stock jack LOL, radiator, fan shroud, battery tray, engine coolant container, and some other misc stuff.
    Besides the raditor leaking all over the ground, a couple swear words, a few thrown tools, and one broken light, the day went pretty good.
    Here are some pics in no order:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was trying to get my front clip completly off tonight, but I got tired and headed in. I still need to take off some bolts, and somehow get 2 screws from each running board unthreading (the heads stripped-damn rust) and then some other stuff, and it should be off.
    also, for some reason, my radiator was just held on by 2 brackets where the hood latches... i unbolted 2 bolts per side, and it was ready to come out... (besides the hoses) is this how it is suposed to be?
    Thanks!

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Feels good to get somethings done /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif
    What are your plans going to be a little /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif or /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif and maybe some /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif

BTW That looks like a very nice area to live in in that last pic...Nice house

3. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

for the radiator question, yea just the top bolts hold it in, in the bottom there are these little bushing type things that go under it to keep the botom from sliding out, just unbolt the top and yank it out /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

anyone can take stuff apart, the real trouble is puttin it back together....my weak point /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    anyone can take stuff apart, the real trouble is puttin it back together....my weak point /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL dont say that, I hope I can put everything that goes in, back together... I took lots of pics, so I can remember...

mike, thanks for the compliment on the house, we've lived there for 7 years now.
    my plans are for alot of /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif and /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif .... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

okay, thanks mudblazkin, I just wasn't sure if something rusted out /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif