Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Camp Lejeune Concert

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by ncbloodhound, Feb 28, 2005.

1. ncbloodhound

ncbloodhound 1/2 ton status

Camp Lejeune Concert - Update

Anyone going to the 'Celebrate America' concert in the middle of May? Or anyone hear anything about it? My church (Hickory Grove Baptist Church) has an orchestra that will be putting on the concert.

I don't have a lot of details about it yet. I am not even sure that is what it is going to be called. We put on the concert every year at the church. We honor all members of the military and public servants.

I play the tuba in the orchestra and I tell you what, I have never seen so many grown men cry as I did at last years concert. It was awesome! They had marines repelling from the church sanctuary roof, great music, old glory, etc.

I will post more details once I get them.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2005
  2. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I haven't heard anything about it. MCCS should have some flyers out about it in a few weeks or so. Might have to move it somewhere else because I don't think alot of people from Lejeune will be around for it.

3. ncbloodhound

My understanding is that it may be for the families of those overseas fighting.

4. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I will still be here, well atleast in the area, training.

5. ncbloodhound

Well, I found out that the concert is open to everyone and it is at some place called the New River amphitheature? There are supposed to be some annoucements on the base about 2 weeks before the concert.

6. ncbloodhound

The concert was canceled due to a lawsuite filed by a liberal organization protesting for the 'separation of church and state.' Our church was going to play patriotic music on a military base and they want to protest it. Go figure! So much for freedom of speech.