Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Camp site rant

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by trailblazer87, Aug 13, 2002.

1. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

Jun 11, 2002
    I went camping a couple of weekends ago with some friends, we did some light wheeling and played with his dogs. Saturday afternoon this lady shows up and says we owe her $13 for the night per vehicle, even though it was a single site and not a double. I pointed out that I had been going to this campground and using this exact same spot for the past 10 years and had never had to pay a dime prior. She then said that it was a pay sight for close to 20 years and had never been enforced until now. We refused to pay because there was no payment schedule posted, nor had we evcer been hassled before. I then accused her of just being someone looking for a buck from some shmuck who didn't know any better. This is a horse campground, not even overflow, nor the militia camp down the road, not even BSA camp.
    She then walkede up to the sign at the camp entrance and put up a notice of payment schedule, then had the balls to walk back over and demands the money, we told her we had none. I told her I would be glad to pay if she took VISA, she only accepted checks, I told I would pay with a $100 bill, she said she didn't have change.
    I taunted her a little and she took down our license plate numbers and mumbled something about billing us.
    Why is this campground now a pay campground when it is run by the forest service, (here's the best part) she was wearing a state parks uniform /forums/images/icons/confused.gif she said it was managed by the state /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif. Why should I pay $13 per night per vehicle when I could have driven another half hour up to yosemite and paid $20 for a week?
    I guess I'll have to wait and see if a bill comes in the mail.
  2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Feb 24, 2000
    sounds like BS to me.... /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif
  3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Nov 6, 2000
    same here i dont go to pay sites /forums/images/icons/frown.gif i just make my own camp spot /forums/images/icons/smile.gif