Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Campbell Hausfeld sucks a$$, nightmare inside...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, Aug 3, 2005.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

As some of you may remember I was looking to buy a compressor, and ended up going with a Campbell Hausfeld 7hp 3 cylinder 60 gl. ... All was fine for the first 2 or 3 hours of operation and then one of the cylinders began to blow air out the intake(broken valve assembly)due to someone dropping a pea sized hunk of metal into the valves, so I call to order new parts... The warranty is still good for another 2 years, I call get the run around for about 2 hrs on the phone before I get someone to actually say they will send me the parts...Two weeks later I call back, they say we just sent them,,,Two more weeks, yep they just got shipped yesterday,,, Two more weeks go by, finally they show up... I replace the valves...The comp runs for less then 5 minutes and then the second intake starts losing air... :mad: :mad: :mad: Now 2 weeks later here we are, they finally agree to let some other co. come out to fix it, this guy says screw them, we ordered the entire pump assembly for you...But when he opens the box,,,wrong pump,,, AHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh
    Now this guy has to take my pump off tag it and send it back to Hausfeld so they can properly ID the pump and send the correct one back, I'll let you know in another 2 weeks...

Conclusion, Campbell Hausfeld sucks major a$$, the repair guy said they have went down hill really bad the last couple of years.... :doah: luckily everytime they have to fix it it's warrantied for another 3 years, so I think about every 2 years I'll break it... :whistle:

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

That sucks . Many different companies make crap now . My stepfathers C+H compressor must be 20 years old , and the oil in it , I think I last changed it for him in 93 or 94 , that one still runs great . Sorry for ya man :(

3. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Yep, sure sounds like a CH product. The Sears one we have at the house has run without problems since 1977...things older than me.

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Another company to avoid, glad you posted before I bought one.

5. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Although I hear not to go with the oil free ones, that is still why I buy Craftsman. Sears Craftsman isn't the best quality out there, but they take stuff back no questions asked. I've returned several tools and items over the years and all they do is have you go and grab a new one off the shelf and walk out with it. I even took back a 2 yr. old garage door opener that stripped. I didn't even take it apart, I just took it back to the store and put it on the floor. They had me go and grab a brand new replacement model and leave no problem. Supposedly Home Depot does that with many of their products as well.

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

yep, home depot junk now.just like most companies that start mass producing to every joker that will buy it, quality goes down. :rolleyes:

7. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

that sucks bad dude. hate to here that. although i too have a CH compressor, a 7.5 hp all cast iron motor 80 gal. vertical tank. it has ran flawlessly for some 7 to 8 years. bought it at home depot 'bout that long ago. sorry to here your having bad luck with that compressor. my next one, when ever that is, will be a two stage ingersol rand compressor. my buddy bought a 80 gal. two stage ing.sol. and it kicks ass as far as max pressure goes. mine max's at 120 psi, his will hit the claimed 175 psi on the gage. his builds up faster and doesent run as often as mine does.

8. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

take it back and get money back. then get good one.:wink1:

9. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Craftsman doesn't make their air compressors they just buy them and market the Craftsman name ......... but........ I believe that Craftsman buys from Ingrosal Rand which is an excellent air compressor.

10. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

also sears may go belly up someday too. sears merged with yah someone in an attempt to make struggling companies work out....

11. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Orchard Supply Hardware bought Sears, or visa versa. I heard K-Mart and Sears are merging. I don't think they are going anywhere.

12. i8yrsuv

i8yrsuv 1/2 ton status

In the early days,.. Sears ...Had the CH line in their name ....,it the bigg dogg of the time !!!,but that was before all was made ine the USA ,not in China !!

13. mr_clean

mr_clean 1/2 ton status

I thought Craftsman was deVilbis now. Maybe their smaller ones are deVilbis and their bigger compressors are IR. I could be wrong though.

I bought a Husky from Home Depot about 2 years ago. I'm about 99% sure that Husky is CH. I haven't had any problems with it though. Lucky I guess...

This does remind me that I have to change the oil in my compressor though...

14. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Sears bought OSH some years back.

K-Mart just bought Sears this year, yes ... worries me a bit, that one, but I forget that Sears carries stuff other than tools and applianes (i.e. clothes and whatnot!)

-- A