Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Campfires?????????????

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by Burt4x4, Jul 19, 2002.

1. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Does anyone know if the campsites allow campfires??
    I assume they do but would really hate to bring wood all that way and not beable to BURN it /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    If so is anyone else planing on bringin some wood? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

2. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Call the camp ground, They will let you know what you can burn and what you can't and it might not be wood they allow you to burn but maybe something else... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif J/K

3. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

no campfires on any public land in the state of utah this summer. A private campground may have its own rules. NO Charcoal either!!!

4. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

Forget it. a) it'll be too hot. b) fire danger too high. c) can't see the stars with a camp fire.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

no charcoal? how exactly are we gonna BBQ?! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

AFA to much fire risk.. wha? there are trees in Moab? Most every pic I have seen shows miles and miles of just rock. I know every one is paranoid about fires... but I dont think my campfire is going to cause a 25 ton boulder to spontaneously combust... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

J

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Maybe not, but it could cause you to spontaneously spend a night in jail! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Gas grills and camp stoves are about the only things you're allowed to use in Colorado right now. It's probably the same in Utah. It's even against the law to smoke a cigarette outside in the national forests in Colorado.

Yesterday I drove through part of the area that was consumed by the Hayman fire. Saw miles of ugliness, lots of piles of burned rubble sitting on foundations, and creeks filled with sediment and runoffs from land that was stripped by the fire. I'm sure that there are a lot of places in Colorado where it would be pretty hard to start a big fire, but the fire ban is statewide so there isn't any question about where you can or can't light a fire.

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i'm not gonna be starting any fires in Moab, just pointing out that the rule sucks. One would think they could at least set up designated areas where u can do that stuff. Forest fires are bad, but not the worst thing that can happen... there was a time when there were NO firefighters of any kind in north america and somehow the forests/world has survived some MASSIVE fires. The only thing that really troubles me is people losing their homes etc.

J

8. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

So nobody knows????

9. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
    I found out!!
    YES YES YES you can have a campfire at SlickRock!!!!!!!!
    I found the # and called them! I couldn't wait to find out! I have alot of packing to do and the back seat is comming OUT to make room for FIREWOOD!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
    Burn baby BURN!!!
    Fire is Cool!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

10. CRAWLIN70

CRAWLIN70 1/2 ton status

BURT

you fawkin piro! i told you not to play with fire...hehehe
    right burn one for me since i am not able to make it...blaaaaaaaaaaaaaa /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif maybe i will drop you off some film for some pics /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

11. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

hahahaha That's RIGHT!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif
    Fire Fire Fire....hehhehe Fire is cool!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    Hey I will take my Dig Camera and take over 100 for ya!
    YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

12. CRAWLIN70

CRAWLIN70 1/2 ton status

right on i will be changing gears and lockers /forums/images/icons/grin.gif i cant wait till i have my 5:13's in...hehehehehe

13. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Wow 5.13 egh!! Freakin tractor gear!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    Sounds cool! Good Luck!