Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Campin wheelin in Bumblebee, Today thru sat

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by FWP, Dec 30, 2004.

1. FWP

FWP CRS

Hi all, I'm off To Bumblebee, I'll be Campin just south of the little town about 1/2 mile, on the west side of the road, in the BLM open campsite area.

Anybody is welcome to join me and Jodie. Well be exploring the area, taking a ride up to Crown King, and wheelin a couple of rock trails on Saturday with some local boys.

The weather is clearing up, and nice and blue. Hopefully there will be some snow up in CK.

CB channel 10 (the amigo channel) as usual.

Laters

2. azblazer

azblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You suck!

Anyways go down into the agua fria...back up hil....and stay to your right...thats the back trail to cleator...

There is also a nice left in there that takes you to were a squatter used to live...from that place you can hike to the top of a good sized hill and there is a small fort up there that gives an eagle eye view of the surrounding area...from the camp area you'll stasy at bust out the binocs and look due west...if you look really close you'll be able to pick out the stacked rock wall on top of it....if that doesn't work...back down the road at table mesa...head over to lower terminator...just past the wash on the left side of the road is a GPAA gold claim....drive in there towards the fria and on the right side is yet another rock walled fort...this one is quit large....could tell you more aboth the area but i'd have to kill you....lol.

DW

3. FWP

FWP CRS

Just got back, had a blast:cool:.

The adventure started with a mudbog, The road from Mayer to Bloody Basin Rd was 4-8" deep mud:eek:. Try running 18000 lbs of rig down something like that for 10 miles. I thought for sure I was gonna bury the dually, but I made it in 4hi, the poor 6.2 sceamin the whole way, trailers just slipin' all over behind me:whistle:. By the time I got to camp, everything was covered in 4" of mud, yee haa...

Got camp set and decided to check out Turkey Creek, way flooded, no crossing today, too deep and fast from the recent storm. So we tooled around down the side of the bank, only to find a 2 foot piece of jagged 1/4 plate, hiding under some wash debris. FFFFFFFTTTTTT---Tore a 6" slice in the SX sidwall, Suck:yikes:! Spare tire happens to be on the trailer 100 feet above, and 1/8 mile away. It was pretty funny with me trying to roll a 120 lb wheel tire combo down a rocky shelf road:rotfl:. Double Suck:screwy:.

Next day, Michael (jms) and Claudia showed up and we headed up to Crown King, Nice ride, pretty uneventful. No snow, just some washed out roads from 6" of rain in 24 hours. Ran up to the Bland Mine above Bumblebee, on the way down Claudia finds out how their new FJ likes to get tippy:shocked:. She got close to putting it on it's lid, but Michael saved the day:waytogo:. Big fire, cooked steak, got drunk, Happy new Year:xmas:.

Today, ran some sand washes at hi speed at grande RPMs:cool: and found some killer waterfalls that only a psycho comp buggy would attempt, until the Prescott group arrived. Ran Kenmore Canyon, watched the BTG guys running the side wash :bow: out of Turkey creek, and Skullhead running around in his little 6 wheeler boat thingy:haha::haha:.

Pics to come later.

P.S.- Dug- Are you talking about the old Spanish fort to the west of BB?