Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Camping is pretty cool...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, May 29, 2005.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yes, I spent the weekend camping finally, and it was pretty nice... However, 2 hours of exploring forest service roads and walking down a trail uncovered the best place, so we'll probably be going again in a few weeks... Just have to pack light so everything can be packed in...

I was amazed this morning going to the main road how many COLORADOans were out there... People are allowed to camp just as much as me, but if all the folks from Colorado would stay in their state and use their mountains (which, by the way, are FAR better than Wyoming's), there wouldn't have been a person within 3 miles of me all weekend... Also going down the main road it was like a dang marathon or something, all kinds of old (like 45 and older) folks running in either directon all over the road...

That's it, I need to find a more secluded area... If the place we found yesterday doesn't cut it, I think it'll mean going an hour and a half into the woods to the middle of friggin nowhere where my boss camps and says she sees like 5 people in an entire week... That's where I should go :cool1:

The last pic is on top of some rocks... From there, we could see beyond Cheyenne about 40 miles away :cool1:

MVC-017F.JPG

MVC-018F.JPG

MVC-019F.JPG

MVC-021F.JPG

2. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Where did you go? I just got back from Walden. There was a ton of people up there running the dunes.

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

We camped off 707AA... about 9 miles down Vedauwoo Road from I-80... and a mile or two from Happy Jack... Next time, we're gonna try 712E which is on the North side of Happy Jack

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

The reason all us Coloradans are there is because the Californians pushed us out of the good mountains here. :p:

Nice pics by the way.

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

looks like heaven compared to here!

I'd love to go camping--but here its the same deal--more people THERE than your trying to get away from!..our local campgrounds are usually booked solid far in advance too..and its noisier in the campgrounds than at home in many cases--screaming brats,barking dogs, loud music..etc--If I wanted to listen to that,I can do it at home for free.... :surepal: :screwy: ..

I went to VT once camping--I stayed a whole 3 days at a state park--not more than 1 or 2 people did I see the whole trip!--(one was a forest ranger who spotted smoke from my campfire--he was driving an older diesel K5,probabaly an ex army rig by its looks--the other guy was walking the entire length of the appalation trail,from GA to canada!...)...I loved it there--plenty of open space,more cows than people,and NO WAL-MARTS and sprawl....just peace and quiet!.. :crazy: