Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

camping locations??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by asterix, Jul 21, 2004.

1. asterix

asterix Registered Member

I wnat to knwo the best locations that you have been camping. Looking for places that rv usually are not allowed and have lots to do, lakes, rivers, wheeling etc. I've been to some of the ones by nederland and rocky mountain national park. Wanted to get some ideas from you fine people for a special weekend with the girl, who loves to camp..

thanks

Brett

2. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Try the Snowy Range up in southern Wyoming, west of Laramie. My in-laws like it. My father-in-law said it is like camping in Colorado used to be, not crowded. They really like it.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The Black Hills are nice for camping, and there's alot of good wheeling up here too.

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Since you're from Broomfield, I would suggest either south park or north park. that would be either Buena Vista (southwest of you on the Arkansas river, down hwy 24) some good moderate wheeling and a couple of fun passes (tin cup is OK), Cottonwood lake is good but lots of people will be there camping. Or up by Big Creek Lakes near Walden (up to Poudre River and then straight west) also some good moderate wheeling and great fishing, not too crowded either. If I remember correctly there are some sand dunes up there open to wheeling, and Buena Vista isn't to far from the Great Sand Dunes for that matter.

Have fun, wish I could go camping.

5. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I love the National forests in Utah. My family and I camp in Dixie national Forest a lot. Zion is beautiful country also. We went camping last week in DNF and it was beautiful. The altitude was 10,200 feet /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif made it kind of hard to breathe. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Anyways good luck on your decision. Oh yea there is lots of wheeling trails and lakes to fish in /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Yeah, my dad tells me alot of stories about the black hills when he lived there. Sounds like an awesome place to live and wheel. But it sure would take me a while to get there.

Remington