Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Camping & Wheeling this weekend in Florence

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by therobzilla, Oct 27, 2003.

1. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

OK boys and girls,

Here is the deal, Brian LaBarge, Shaner, Eric and myself will be heading out to Florence Junction this weekend to wheel, going to head out after the Trick or Treating event's with our kids friday night, will be camping friday night and satruday night.

Staying where we always camp off the main dirt road into the trail head. Down in the wash to the left.

Fred, it's our spot....

Brian and I are taking our kids, and this will be a fun weekend. No really early trail runs, and lot's of food at the campsite in the evening and morning. Going to do one hard trail on saturday and one easy trail on sunday. Looking like Axle Alley on Sunday and hoping to hit either upper ajax or upper woodpecker or maybe woodies wash.

NOTE: To all single guys thinking of attening, both Brian and I are going to have our daughters with us, Nina and Caterina (SP). If you plan on attending there is plenty of fun to be had, but hard core partying and hard core drinking with worse language is not going to work at our campsite. No offense but my 7 year old needs to stay 7 years old /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. If you guys want to attend, not a problem, but just understand that all night partying and hell raising will have to be done at a diffrent camp site /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif... Don't want to ruin them too young. Just be fore warned....

So who up for a trip...???

Post up...

2. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

Rob,

I'm down, just need to go buy more spare parts tommarow and I should be good, ohh ya..body damage /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I'm at CAX. Sucks to be me. Ya'll have fun, mabey I can make it out on some runs in december or something.

4. FWP

FWP CRS

I'll be out there Friday night with my wife and daughter /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

Hey Rob, would be interested in coming out on Saturday evening and camping and do the run on Sunday. How do you get to the camp site? Do I need to get any permits for camping? Also would be bring my wife and kids, maybe the dogs, are the dogs allowed? Sorry for all the questions never camped out there.

Jason

6. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Jayson,

Not a problem, it's real easy to get to. I have always said the more people the funner the time will be.

Shoot me a PM and I will get with you over the phone and I will give you the directions and information you need to get out there. I will be going out on Friday night but there are plenty heading out on saturday and such.

Shoot me a PM and I will get with you this week.

Rob

7. supersize75

Rob, I will be there with Harley on Sunday, I will call you for directions and such /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Or saterday night?? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. damagedgoods

damagedgoods Registered Member

count me in on saturday night and sunday just need to find a sitter for Austin.
    It will be me, Heidi and Sierra

/forums/images/graemlins/truck.gifD.J.

9. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

I'm in too, Prolly take my girls if I can get my wife to take off work Sat otherwise maybe head out there Sat nite.

10. supersize75

Ahh still need to get the tranny and steering coolers on, front d-shaft,spare parts and such, this one will be close..

I'm there though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I'm in. I think. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Well I can't leave phoenix till 7:00pm sat. I am bringin' my girlfriend also. I figure we'll get there by 9:00pm. I hope some of you will still be awake (night run maybe?), and willing to run some trails on Sunday (for sure). I've only been in that area twice, never at night. I need directions and landmarks please.

Family folk: don't worry about some college party animals showing up, I'm really not one. I'll PM for directions tonight.

thanx all

12. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

i think rob's wishes might have somethin to do with FWP's stint there a few years back...if you were there you know what i'm talkin about...lol.

DW

13. FWP

FWP CRS

[ QUOTE ]
    somethin to do with FWP's stint there a few years back...

[/ QUOTE ]
    NOT /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Go back under your rock where you came from /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

14. FWP

FWP CRS

It's gonna be a windy one /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

From the National Weather Service:

Today. Partly sunny and cooler. Breezy. Highs in the upper 70s to lower 80s. South wind 15 to 25 mph with higher gusts.

Tonight. Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of showers. Lows in the upper 40s to upper 50s. Southwest wind 10 to 20 mph. Chance of showers 20 percent.

Saturday. Partly sunny. Slight chance of showers. Cooler. Highs in the lower to upper 70s. Southwest wind 10 to 20 mph. Chance of showers 20 percent.

Saturday night. Partly cloudy. Slight chance of showers. Lows in the lower 40s to lower 50s. West wind 10 to 20 mph. Chance of showers 10 percent.

Sunday. Partly sunny. Highs in the upper 60s to mid 70s. West wind 10 to 20 mph.

15. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

Just wanted to say thanks, /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif to all the guy out there this weekend my wife had a good time and my kids (as annoying as they can be at 6:20am) /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif had a great time going four-wheelin and watching others. Marv got a copy, thanks for spotting and help /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Thanks
    Jayson

16. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I had a good time everyone. It was nice meeting everyone and good to see everyone again. Thanks for the ride in the buggy Marv. That thing is unholy. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Thanks for all the question answering Rob. I am sure I will have some more.

Harley

17. supersize75

I just got back!, Got home, grapped my friend and his yota and went to butcher Jones for an hour, went and assaulted the hill at the first cove again, fun as hell /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I had a great time, I am ordering the rachet shifter tonight so I can finally have a 1st gear and no poping into neutral any more /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Thanks rob for holding my rearend

"the blazer, not mine... when I was trying to roll"

I have alot to do before next time...so who's up for this weekend /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

And Marve....."Insert loss of words "here" /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif"

Also nice to see a great family enviroment too /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

18. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Thanx everyone,
    I had a great time this weekend. You guys/gals make a very easy-going fun to be around group.
    Thanx
    P.S. the springer buggy is a nice piece of work.

19. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    P.S. the springer buggy is a nice piece of work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Matt.../forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Just so you know... it does have a name..

It's the FunBuggy!

it ain't about competition...
    it ain't about show...

It's about <font color="green"> FUN! </font>

Marv