Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

camping

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MTChevy, Apr 18, 2007.

1. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

oooo boy i cant wait for the warmer weather to hit!!!! Found a few neat places up in the mountains around here. very nice looking spots. I just wish i woulda brought my tents from home. How many of you like to go camping? camping as in to camper or any fancy fangled equipment?

2. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Before I got married I camped (via backpacking) all the time. Never used a tent, just a bivysack and sleeping bag for foul weather. Or just the sleeping bag alone.
    Now that I'm married, the wife wanted 'four-walls'. So I got a Fourwheel Pop up Camper.

3. AKbigsub

AKbigsub 1/2 ton status Premium Member

We camp and wheel all year long. In the winter, we sleep in the burb. My wife and I in the back with the seat folded down and our daughter in the front seat. Once spring hits, we use the tent. We love to camp and enjoy sharing a cmap fire with friends! So, if any of you want the ultimate Alaska camping experience, come on up and I'll share my fire with you.

4. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

I have always enjoyed camping. I spent my teenage years camping on the lake fishing by myself while everyone else partied hard. I remember several times where I was on the lake for a week at a time at the age of 17. Now I have kids and they share the thrill. They even like winter camping in 20 to 30 degree camping. We sleep in the burb or the tent depending on if the wife goes or not.

Was planning on going this last weekend but the entire family came down with a stomach virus. :(

5. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah I camp and wheel alot in the summer. Half the time is peaceful camping other half is a bunch of friends and a small party.

6. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'm taking the Chalet and oldest kid to the river for an overnight camping trip this weekend. Other than deer season, this time of year is about my favorite to go. Warm during the day, cool enough at night to enjoy a fire and sleep well.

7. stoney126

stoney126 1/2 ton status

I love camping. So does the wife. We used to sleep in the back of my z-71 when I had it, Or we use a tent. I love the fact my wife is bugging me to go camping.

8. RedBrute

RedBrute 1/2 ton status

I grew up camping. Best memory was dad taking us to San Gorgonio (sp?) mt. in the winter. He laid down a couple of shelter halfs and a pup tent on top. We had military style down filled mummy bags and slept right on the snow. Morning was bacon, eggs and hot chocolate. Froze our little butts off and loved every minute of it. Raised my sons the same way... tent camping, coleman stove, fresh coffee, bacon and eggs. Can't wait.

9. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Your gonna get eaten by a bear Cole, they like the juicy white meat. :D

10. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

That or he will wake up with vaseline where he shouldn't admit to having it! :D

11. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

ahh, you guys are nuts, i mean... I party it up with the bears almost every weekend. Were pretty good friends. They watch out for me I watch out for them. Last weekend Bearski (good bear friend) mooned a fish and game guy, it was funny stuff. shoulda been there

12. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

I havent been camping in a few months. Here are a couple of all wheather trips.

New Image.JPG

Picture14.jpg

jpeg.JPG

13. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

These days unless I am wheeling camping conists of using this:

8-28-06 327.jpg

14. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Dang thats a big camper!

We have a 27 foot 5th wheel, but I rarely if ever sit in it, unless it is raining. I love sleeping outside, sleep way better than I do in-doors easily, nice and cool, fresh air, and only the occasional wolf howl off in the distance for noise :)

15. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone that doesn't like to go camping, on this site anyway.

16. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I think about the only thing I don't like about camping is the bugs that like to eat me while I sleep... I'm sure others can agree, lol

Only thing better than camping is quadding -- Fortunately, both are directly related :D I usually spend at least a week at the lake at a time :)

17. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

What spots are you thinking? I have a couple good spots up in Medicine Bow between here and Laramie... Not Vedauwoo, but on the north side of Happy Jack... I found the most awesome spot in the whole area once, but I lost the piece of paper where I wrote directions and I haven't been able to find it again... Ya go down this one road, then down this other, then down a trail, down a hill, around a curve, across a little flooded area courtesy of a beaver, then at the end of the trail you get out and walk about 30 yards in... You have a space maybe 40 feet wide, 50 or so feet long... Rocks on the north, stream on the south (and down the cliff), trees completely covering the spot, grass... It's pretty much amazing, and I'm fairly confident that you could set up in that little clearing and not be bothered by a single soul all weekend... Ya gotta be careful getting out though... Maybe back in or back out... Don't be dingus like me and make a nice 50 point turn, making your friend get out and spot you because it's such a tight squeeze between a huge rock and a tree...

Oh man, what a good spot...

18. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Oh and to answer your question... I take as little items as possible... I can fit all of my gear and food (except what I put in a cooler) in the Yakima basket on my roof... It's when I take my friends that things start getting tight... With three of us, my Jeep is pretty well packed. But they bring everything they own....... complete with computers for watching movies and what not in the middle of the woods... I can understand music... But movies? Too much......:doah:

19. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

20. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

:thinking: