Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Camping?

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by Stephen, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I know this has been brought up before but what's everyone doing?
    Hotels are fairly cheap that time of year but if everyone is going to be camping out again, we want to stay the same place. Any ideas? We didn't stay there but when we drove through it looked to me like that was a nice campground.
    Having everyone together at the Hollister event was pretty fun.

2. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

I think I'm going to camp with Joey again this year. Just hope to find a place to camp other than in the dirt. Hopefully the weather is going to be a little cooler. Last year it was quite hot, tough to sleep in a tent at night.

The camping thing was cool, but camping in the dirt was rough.

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I didn't much mind the last place, Slick rock I think was the name of it. But I heard that Steve was at a campground with trees. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Anywhere with fire, food, and a tailgate is cool with me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I did think about staying at a local motel, however I may bring my younger brother this year and he asked if I was crazy!!?? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Definitely camping, and i think it'd be cool if the majority of us were all in the same place/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    Steve was at a campground with trees.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trees are cool, grass would be nice too but I'm not holding my breath. If it's dirt I can live with that...

Rene

5. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

Stephen, sorry to say but I'm too old for camping when Motel space is available close by. Also, at BB'02, the ride on Saturday stretched to 15 hours (8a.m. to 11 p.m.), and I can only say that being able to hit the shower that evening was phantastic...

6. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I'm assuming we would be staying someplace with a shower, I gave up on playing hard in the dirt and not being able to really clean up a while ago. That just calls for a different kind of trip. Something about a fully open vehicle and the reaction of 1/8" of dust with a gallon of sweat.

I don't think we're going to have to worry about heat this time, we should have much more comfortable temperatures, in fact it might even get chilly at night.

7. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Michael...gonna make it out this year?

DW the old azblazer

8. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

Doug, I signed up half an hour after Fox had posted the link /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

My wife's coming as well, so I might have to give up the steering wheel every now and then.

Still working on the truck, though (shocks/cooling/regear/brakes); I just hope everything goes right, been looking forward to this since March.....

9. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I am still tough enough for camping so I will be doing that for this trip.
    I can see in the near future I will be getting softer and would want more but for now I am fine anywhere, I just added an air matress to my camping gear. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

i dont like the idea of leaveing my doorless truck and tools in a hotel parking lot while i am in a room far enough away i cant keep an eye on her. i would much rather sleep in/on/under my truck so i know shes safe.

11. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Michael...can't wait myself...allthough the chalet will not make an apperance this year due to motor issues (lack of one)...my dear friend dremu will be attending this year all the way from the bay area with his 77 Chalet...he is the owner of www.blazerchalet.com. Look forward to seeing you again!

DW

12. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I am definately camping again this year /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. BTW... was someone going to make a group reservation again (which might I ad made my life a whole lot easier... I can't remember who did that for us last year, but thanks again!)or should I try to contact the campground myself? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

13. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Mike, aka Heavymetal did the res. for slickrock last year. And might I say saved my a$$ as well. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. FWP

FWP CRS

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif That's a good point! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

15. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

I agree it would make life easier for the rest of us lazy asses if someone not so lazy would be willing to make a group reservation /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Any takers? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

16. mrbill

mrbill 1/2 ton status

Sounds like alot of us going to camp. Who knows where? someone must know the best spots... I've camped in the area but it way out in the boonies buy the "Klondiks" It's a great trail and has some Dinosaur tracks allong the way. Yes real Dinosaur track.. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

17. 73k5tony510

73k5tony510 Registered Member

id like to camp where your camping if i could stephen.i would like to hit some trails with you out there.i dont know how to get to where you will be camping,so is there maps of where the camp grounds are?