Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Camping

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Z3PR, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It's more fun when you're out in the middle of a national forest with nobody else around. (Free too) /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Two years ago when I first took my wife & kids out, my wife had her mind set on going to a campground with water, toilets, etc. Last summer, my friend & I convinced her to try just going to a place him & I camped that was just out in the middel of nowhere. This also allowed us to trail drive more. She agreed and has now vowed to never go to a campround again.

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Camping in the middle of nowherre is great when it's legal. Here in californi those kinds of places are becomming more scarce. In Nevada You can drive in wilderness areas and those are some of my favorite places to camp. In californi you can't drive on wilderness land. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Camping in the middle of nowherre is great when it's legal. Here in californi those kinds of places are becomming more scarce. In Nevada You can drive in wilderness areas and those are some of my favorite places to camp. In californi you can't drive on wilderness land. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Around here (Black Hills) the national forest is public land, hence, free camping. Just a few rules to follow, No open fire, and pack out all trash with you when you leave. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

If its a "Federal Wilderness Area" you cannot drive , or even bycicle for that matter, in it. There might be a road that borders it, but no mechanized trafic is allowed in a "Federal Wilderness Area".