Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Camshaft recommendation (in a furd)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 90blzr, Apr 18, 2005.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

My cousin has a 67 Mustang with a 6 cyl. Now. He picked up a 289 we are gonna put in. Engine has been rebuilt, but is ALL stock. No need to go in and rip it all apart, but he wants to make a little more power out of it than stock. Basically the 'biggest' cam he can put in a stock motor and be reliable. He is 17 and only drives the car on weekends (has another car for a daily driver).
    He does not want a smooth idle, wants that race car idle/sound :grin: .

Its a two barrel now but will be going to a 4. Gonna put on an edelbrock intake, probably something like a performer (unless you have another recommendation) and a carb. Headers of coarse.

The cam has to be hydraulic, he is not mechanically inclined, so adjusting valves on a solid cam isnt gonna fly.

Any other suggestions you might have carb, headers, etc), speak up!
    Not sure what headers work well on the 'stangs. I'm not a mustang fan (chevelle/elco guy), but I guess its good to learn :grin:

Oh and its a 4 speed car.

Lets hear your thoughts!
    Thanks.

2. coptezr

coptezr 1/2 ton status

summit has some great cams for the mustang i had a 91 saleen with a 302 and i put a b-303 ford racing cam in it 1500-6500 i think and it was my daily driver for a while, then i sold it 4 weeks ago :frown1: it was my baby.