Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

can a 90 truck steering column fit into a 85 k5?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KPAX-5, May 29, 2002.

1. KPAX-5

KPAX-5 Registered Member

My 85 k5 column is not worth rebuilding since it was rebuilt twice by mickey mouse. I was wondering if a 89-91 k1500 will fit my blazer. Has anyone tried this? What modification is needed? Are the steering column lengths the same?

Is there other GM vehicles that can be interchanged with a 85 chevy K5 besides a GMC K5?

Also my local checkers, NAPA, and carquest do not have a listing for an 1985 K5 driver side engine mounts, how peculiar.

2. KPAX-5

KPAX-5 Registered Member

help?

3. KPAX-5

KPAX-5 Registered Member

help?

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Your truck new body colum into the old body right? Ehhhhh I doubt it. Wiring is probably different, The fire wall and floors are totaly different between the two vehicles so mounting might be a problem. On the other side this is GM we are talking about...anything is possible.
    I wouldn't think a colum for a 85 would be that difficult to find. Even if it was missing the key a good lock spith should be able to rekey it or transfer the lock from one colum to another.