Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can anyone help with brakes?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ellero, Aug 6, 2005.

1. ellero

ellero Registered Member

I have an 84 K5 blazer. One day it was running great. Then sat in the driveway for about 2 months, and the next time I got in it I had no power breaks. Its like trying to stop with the motor off. I assume thats the booster, but before I drop a few hundred on a new one, should I look for anything else? Like I said it just stopped working one day and I am NOT leaking any brake fluid. Please help with advice.

John

john@acornca.sdcoxmail.com

2. wildbilzrydn

wildbilzrydn 1/2 ton status

The brake booster is powered by either your engine vacumn or hydraulic pressure from your power steering pump. If your booster isn't working, check the source of the "assist". Maybe you have a restriction in the engine vacumn or it threw the power steering belt.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

hey if its vacuum power then rmeove that black plastic valve deal in the rubber line that goes to the booster, put in a piece of 3/8" steel tube to splice the hose ends backtogether then see if it works, if not then yeah sound slike booster is toasted

good luck

4. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Is the brake pedal very hard or very soft?