Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can anyone ID this old Chebby for me?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mofugly13, Sep 27, 2004.

1. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

On the ranch I hunt, the owner of the property opened up a few old logging trails, which my GF and I explored thoroughly. We found an old Pot growers shack, a stripped "79 chevy longbed in a gulch, a few inline 6 cylinder engines and transmissions in a burned out slash pile, and this OLD Chevy pickup. I was wondering if anyone could tell by the photo what year it is. This is my GF poking around looking at all the "cool" stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[​IMG]

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

its a 50's not shure exactally what year /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

I beleive it is a 1969 Chevy JUNK-o-500. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Looks like it has to be AROUND a 53ish.

5. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Pot growers shack

[/ QUOTE ]

By any chance did you make a map of the area?

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

That cab/body style was used from 48-55 or so. Best place to look would be www.stovebolt.com to try to find some comparison's.

7. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

They made theose from 47-54, the only real way to narrow it down is the grille(54's had a cross more or less) and vent windows (51 and up).

8. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

that is a 1954 chevy(55 1st series) the winshield is set up for a rounded one piece and the grill overlapped the front fenders.

9. mofugly13

Thanks for the replies, fellas. I was mostly just curious. The GF asked me if we could "fix it up" /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif. I like finding stuff like this. I start thinking about how, once upon a time, it was sitting brand new on a showroom floor. What would it have been like to take a cruise in it back then. I really enjoy nostalgia. Whenever I find an old shack, some old mining equipment, or an abandoned vehicle like this one, I try to imagine what it was like to live in the time that this old thing was actually new. There are quite a few old homesteads on the property where I hunt and I never get enough of hiking out to them and poking around. Always wondering what life was like "back then."

10. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

you know what i always thought would be cool, if you could get a history vidieo of your tuck or car, see what it went through in its life, i have seen alot of wierd stuff welded to my truck and others cars too, it would be cool to see what the car/truck has been through in its life

11. mofugly13

I have thought EXACTLY the same thing. An not just limited to my K5, but every old mining camp, homesteaders shack, abandoned vehicle, etc. But, yeah, I really would like to know the history of my K5, from it's birth in '73 until October '02 when I bought it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

ya mine to my 73 has alot of wierd stuff on it!! I always thought that about all the old mining cars that you see around here, just below my house is a old mining camp from the 49'er era pretty cool stuff!!!!