Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can anyone loan me a pair of tall jackstands?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Shaggy, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I really don't like borrowing stuff, but I sure could use a set of tall jackstands when I swap the axles in this week. I have one set of tall ones and a set of little guys, I was going to buy another set of tall ones, but it seems ridiculous to go spend almost $100 on a set of stands that I'll probably never even use again. So, anybody have a pair that they'd be willing to let me use for the week? I could rent them from you, give you a deposit, whatever you want. I need a set that can get to at least 25" or so off the ground and still be stable. </font color>

2. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

I have 6 of the 6 ton ones(I think). You are more than welcome to borrow them if they will work. I'm not sure exactly how tall they are. I know with my 6"lift they won't even touch the frame at full extension. I'm sure you can do like I did &amp; find a way to make them work.

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Why &amp;100?
    I bought the 6tons for 19 a pair from harbour freight.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> The 6 ton ones only go to 24" tall though, which would be OK except that I don't trust them to be stable enough to work under the truck when they're at full extension. My 10 ton ones go to 32" so at 26" or so they're still real stable. The 12 ton ones go to 31" but they're $80...

Thanks Mike, If I can't come up with anything else I might borrow a pair of your 6 tons. Thanks!</font color>

5. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i got a pair of 12 tons you can borrow, but you gotta come get them i am picking up Star Wars: Bounty Hunter tonight and i am gonna highjack my brothers PS2 /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif and play till my fingers bleed. i all ready have tomorrow off work, might as well play video games till me brain turns to liquid.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Haha, video games are cool... Where in San Jose do you live? I can bring that PS pump by also so you can look at the brackets and see if they're the ones you need. </font color>

7. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

almaden &amp; camden. i'll be home around 3:30.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Cool, thanks Zakk. If you're going to be around this weekend I'll probably just wait until then to come get them. A freind of mine is coming to see me tonight so I won't be able to make it. If you won't be around over the weekend I can probably come by tomorrow though. Just let me know what's easiest for you. </font color>

9. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

friday day would be best for me. my cellie is 348-6303

10. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> OK, I'll give you a call tomorrow. Not sure if I can make it during the day since I have to work, but hopefully we can figure something out. </font color>