Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

can anyone recommend a good boot/shoe glue

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chopped&bobbed77burb, Oct 29, 2006.

1. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

:o during a wheeling trip in August I went doorless on the burb and the outside temp was 105 . I have no carpet on the floor , it's just metal . The metal floor got hot and got my boot's got hot and the soles seperated :haha: . So can anyone recommend a good glue to get my boot's back together . They have alot of life left in them so I don't want to toss them out . They are Danner copies made by Georgia boot co ( if that help's ) . Don't tell me to use Elmers :D .

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Shoe Goo. At Walmart.

3. Janitorjim8

Janitorjim8 1/2 ton status

Shoe Goo ditto, i believe it is just like RTV Silicone under a different name if that helps.

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

someone makes such a thing???:laugh:

5. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

black rtv, or 100% silicon, not the crap from depot that smells like vinager but the reall good stuff from tremco, that will hold them togeather.

i where 16WW work boots and had sutch a hard time finding boots, i used large hose clamps to hold the sole to the boot over the steel toe.

I was digging a post hole in cla and was standding in the clay for a long time when i went to walk away the sloes ripped half off my boots !!!!

6. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

X3 on the 'goo. Works great, just don't overdo it.

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

windshield adhesive

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

New boots:doah: :dunno:

9. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

elmers

10. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

goo

I've used "Shoe-Goo" with good results...but "Gorilla Glue" works even better,lasts longer..the Shoe-Goo is more flexible and wont crack,Gorilla Glue foams up and expands quite a bit,and is pretty hard,so use it sparingly..

I once used some stuff in a caulking gun tube called "Clearly Better Than Silicone" I got at a home store once..I think "DAP" makes it..I sealed up my roof vent in my van with it,and used the rest on my work boot,that was starting to peel its uppers away from the sole..it held for years,long enough for the tread to wear out!...:crazy:

I'm going boot shopping soon..down to my last pair of holey sneakers!...I see K-Mart has some cheapies for 20 bucks..but I might splerge for some GOOD ones for a change...

Anyone reccomend a good brand that doesn't cost 100+ bucks??...I'd love to buy some "Red Wings" or "Justin" boots,but I'll have to wait till I hit the lottery for those...we have a "Knapp" shoe dealer/factory not far away,but I don't know how well they hold up,they used to be a good name..I'm sick of buying crappy cheep shoes from Wal-Mart that fall apart in 3 weeks!..:(

11. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

duct tape.

12. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I used to buy Brahma's at Wal-Mart when I was broke and working at UPS. I had a pair that made it a little over 2 years there, which was exceptional considering everything else I tried never made it past 9 months. I'm a Redwing man now that I've moved up the affluence ladder a bit.