Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can anyone recommend a good Diesel repair shop in or near to North Carolina

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by ambritmann, Jun 22, 2002.

1. ambritmann

ambritmann Registered Member

I am in Fayetteville, North Carolina and am trying to locate a good machine shop to do the inspection and machining of my cylinder block and crankshaft. As always a recommendation is the the best way to find a shop who do good work. Hoping to find a good place in NC but would travel to neighbouring states in it is worthwhile. <font color="blue"> </font color> <font color="blue"> </font color>

2. RLBstein

RLBstein 1/2 ton status

There is a place on Hope Mills Rd. about 1 1/2 miles down the road on the left before a road called Redwood (i think).
    It's just before NAPA right next door to Rhino Linings shop. I dropped my whole block off to them and they hot tanked it, polished the crank, inspected the pistons and cleaned 'em up, and installed new cam bearings, they also honed the cylinders, all for about $125. I think they did pretty good work, and my engine still runs good after 2 years. I'm not sure but they might have moved to a location closer to Hope Mills, but the shop thats there now will know where they are.