Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can anything else go wrong???!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddin4fun, Jul 5, 2002.

1. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

My 4th of July
    by Lara Goins

I hope you have some time /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

It starts out wednsday night. Since my hubby and I very rarely get a moment alone together without being zombies, I planned a picnic for just the two of us 4th of July in the evening and then we'd watch fireworks. Wednsday night, he comes home and says, "Billy invited us over for pork chops blah blah tomorrow evening..blah blah". I said, "But we're having a picnic tomorrow evening." He responds, "Well, we can just have it tomorrow afternoon." I said, "I have tried 3 times to have a picnic just for us and something has always come up. We are having this picnic tomorrow evening." We go round and round. His concern is that he had already told Billy we'd be there without talking to me first and that there would be 'good food' there. I finally get to the point of throwing a tempertantrum cause I want this damned picnic thursday evening. I really don't ask for much..honestly. I just want one picnic at a certin time. Nick tells me, 'Fine...I'll call Billy and cancel"
    Okay..Thursday morning. Nick wakes me up and starts in on the "why don't we have the picnic for lunch?" I think this is about the time I pull the skin off my face and shoot lightening out my eye sockets and say rather firm like, "I am having a picnic tonight. YOU can come." I put my skin back on cause I think I was frightening him. Then he says, "But you'll be mad if I don't come." I said, "yes...I will."
    So, he goes outside to finish up some rough spots on the blazer that we made last weekend. I stay in to do the normal house chores. I would go out and help occasionally when I got tired of smelling bleach or pledge.
    I'm doing dishes and Nick sticks his head in the front door, "Lara! Come quick!!" I am standing at the sink with a dish I had just washed that just needed to be rinsed. I had to put it back in the icky water to go help cause he was rather desperate. So, I run outside and am greeted with pouring rain. Nick says, "Help me get the tarp on the blazer." I'm bare foot, in little shorts and a white teeshirt with no bra on in the pouring rain. It wouldn't be a big deal if I didn't have the neighbors I have who like to hoop and hollar /forums/images/icons/mad.gif While we are putting the tarp on, Nick says, "it's been sprinkling all morning. I decided to quit and pulled the tarp off to bring it to the front of the house and right when I did, it started pouring."
    So, we get back inside and I'm praying that it won't be raining during the picnic.
    After relaxing for a little bit, it's time to start on picnic food. Chicken and veggies is what I was going to make. I planned on grilling it and then taking it out to the park. So, I had thawed chicken that I had marinated for a few hours. I get the veggies seasoned and wrapped in foil and go out to the grill. I fire up the grill and let it warm up while I grab the chicken. I come out to the grill and the flame is out. "WTF?" I thought. I find out the gas is out. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif Nobody's open. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif Fine, I'll cook it in the oven. So, chicken is in the oven. I go to fire up the burner for the veggies. *click...click* It won't come on. Now, I'm frusterated. I finally get it to come on. I get everything cooked and ready. I wrap it all in an old blanket and stick it in a cooler to keep warm. I pack some utinsils and some plates and napkins and whatever I needed. All of the sudden, I hear a loud CLAP. Yes, lightening. And in a few minutes, yes rain. Now, I've had it. I'm walking around the house cussin this, cussin that. Nick is giving me the scared deer in headlights look. I was mad!!!! I said, "The fawkin picnic is going to be in the fawkin garage!"
    The food was great, the setting was poor and the ice cream that Nick took me to get was nummy. I needed the ice cream.../forums/images/icons/smile.gif

So, how did y'all spend your 4th of July? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Sounds like my luck whenever I plan something! I just relaxed in the pool all day.

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Well that sucks! Did you guys end up at Billy's or having the picnic at home?

We went to the local giant beach for the friggin huge fireworks show. Most of Long Island and a little bit of New York city go to this show, so traffic on the way out was unreal... Gotta love my 2-speed Taurus electric fan in the heat wave we're having!

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I worked 10 hours for a festival in Freakmont. Then wanted to go out,but most food joints were closed at 9 pm. I said **** it stay home!

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I'm bare foot, in little shorts and a white teeshirt with no bra on in the pouring rain. It wouldn't be a big deal if I didn't have the neighbors I have who like to hoop and hollar

[/ QUOTE ]
    Got some pics? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Seriously, that seemed like way too much stress to go thru for just one day. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Should have had Nick take you out to the most expensive restaurant in town and just maxed out! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Hey it's the thought that counts!!! At least it is a picnic you'll remember for a long time!!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

We had a little cookout with friends that went decently until one of the neighbors yelled at us because my "big" fircracks were too much for her. Other than that we had a great time...

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Got some pics?

[/ QUOTE ]

DAMN!!!!!!! You beat me to it!!!!! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

8. thatK30guy

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

10. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Thats friggin funny. Ain't it just the way things go tho'.
    Make some big plans, get it all handled - and something takes a big giant [censored] right in the middle of it.
    Man, I hate when that happens!
    Tring to keep your comosure the entire time, when all you really want to do is scream
    F[bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep]K!!!!!

I spent most of the day in the garage, had a light show of my own in there, a lil' grinding here- lil' welding there -
    pretty good 4th, got alot done. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

11. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

spent last night on the mississippi river levee in baton rouge topper off watching a fireworks show and pulling people out of the water when they decided to venture off the Mississippi levee

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

That really Sucks! Tell Nick he needs to do something special to make it up to Billy for standing him up like that /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

13. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Geez Lara you poor thing LOL Im glad you still got your picnic though. How sweet of you. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

We had lots of fireworks to play with. I tried the best I could to relax and stuff myself of BBQ.

14. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I think Nick should buy Billy some roses and maybe give him a good back rub or something... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Rene

15. thatK30guy

How about a front rub instead? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

16. tRustyK5

You can rub Billy any where you want Wes...just leave me out of it /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Rene

17. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

ROTTFLMAO!!!!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

18. thatK30guy

No no no no no! I wasn't referring to you or me actually being there...just that Nick needs to do whatever needs to be done to make Lara happy! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

19. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Sure....... Insert foot in mouth /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

20. tRustyK5

Sure....... Insert foot in mouth

[/ QUOTE ]
    Or maybe one of Billy's toes... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Rene