Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can-Back and tree branches.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FL84K5, May 9, 2002.

1. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

How does the Can-Back hold up to tree branches getting scraped across the top of it? I was thinking of getting one so I don't have to put the hardtop back on in the rain and still be able to carry passengers. Most of the trails here have low branhes the scrape across the top of the truck.

2. 73blazerUSMC

73blazerUSMC Registered Member

i have a soft-top on my 73 and i have put alot of abuse to it and it's still holding up but it all depends on how thick the branches are where they hit the top obviously a big enought branch is going to do some damage but i would guess that if it is leather like mine it will take some abuse it really depends on the quality and how sharp/tough the branches are if your a dare devil you could just try it and see (not in rainy weather so nothing importand gets wet like your girl) and if it does damage repair it and then you'll know my exeriances are that they are tough and can take some abuse there is my 2c