Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can-Back soft tops

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by magicman, Nov 13, 2005.

1. magicman

magicman Newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to get in touch with Can-Back to get a soft top for my '84 Blazer. I got a quote from them quite some time ago (perhaps 2 years or more), but the only contact info I can find is an email address: info@can-back.com

The can-back.com domain seems to be gone, but e-mail to that mailbox doesn't get bounced back as undeliverable.

Anybody out there got a Can-Back top on their rig? If so, do you have any other contact info you could pass along? Yes, I know there are other soft tops out there, but I really like the Can-Back design. Strong hoops with an ability to mount a roof rack and light bar is very attractive to me.

Otherwise, I may have to just go with the Kayline model (now sold off to STC?). It's okay, but doesn't have the roof-rack ability. Then again, I've been considering a full exo-cage...so perhaps THAT would hold the basket up there and the soft top wouldn't matter so much.

Anyway...my rear window glass got shattered, and I really don't want to spend the bux replacing it (and the inner/outer seals 'n stuff) when I know I just wanna get rid of the fiberglass and go with a softie. The rain is comin' and I'm ready to buy...I just can't seem to get in touch with Can-Back. :-(

Thanks for any help you can provide...

.\\agic .\\an

2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Apparently they don't make them for our trucks anymore.

3. guido666

guido666 1/2 ton status

I've been looking too. It seems if they do still exist they only sell through distributors.

4. magicman

magicman Newbie

Well, duh...thanks for turning on the dumbass light. I never even thought to look for distributors. Just did a google of "Can-Back distributors" and came right up to Truck Candy (www.truckcandy.com) where they still show it on their web site. I'm going to call them later today...unsure where 623 area code is, but I'll allow time for the whole country to wake up. :-)

Thanks! I'll report back if I can actually get one through them...

5. guido666

guido666 1/2 ton status

Yeah, let us know what they say. And the whole country should be up by now... :D