Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can Can...it's your voting day

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 89GMCSuburban, Jan 23, 2006.

1. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

At least according to the news...you gonna go do your civic duty, eh???????????:wink1:

Michael Moore was even chiming in on your elections.....why does that scare me?

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Got it done as soon as the polls opened this morning. Hopefully we'll see the Liberals get their well-deserved spanking......:deal:

As for Michael Moore, he needs to get attention however he can, even it means sticking his nose somewhere it doesn't belong.

3. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Did my duty!

Voted Conservative!

4. 89GMCSuburban

Shweet! News here is talking about the conservatives probably going to gain some good ground...hope for the best!!

5. gauder

gauder Banned

Did my duty. Gonna abstain from discussing anymore because I can see the potential for this thread to go down in flames worse than any religious thread ever has.

6. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I don't know anything about Canadian politics, so edumacate all of us.

7. Can Can

Well, at least we know who YOU'RE voting for. No surprise there, though, seeing where you live.

8. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

9. gauder

gauder Banned

Just remember that when you ASSUME something, that it makes an ASS out of U and ME!:haha:

10. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

What? Gauder's Canadian? Why is every Canadian on this board ****ing awesome?

11. Can Can

Well, you chose not to disclose who you're voting for and insinuated that offering your opinion would cause a fight, so it's pretty safe to assume that you're not voting Conservative.

I KNOW that smart guy like you wouldn't be voting for a party that has a platform that would ensure A-that I would pay an income tax rate of over 50% so some lazy focker can sit at home, and B- would support a business-killing accord like Kyoto. I'm also pretty sure you're not a hypocrite- most Greens don't drive gas-guzzling K5s.

To finish off the equation, Ontario has always been a Red stronghold. So, logically...........:dunno:

12. gauder

gauder Banned

Bloc-Quebecois baby! Then they can hold another referendum and we can get rid of them. lol j/k

13. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

I voted mr harper as well. I almost threw my vote and voted NDP just because ol' Jack is bad ass enough to still sport such a rockin stache.

14. Can Can

You know what? Mr. Layton is definitely the most distinguished of all the leaders. As far as being Prime Minister, he looks the part. He speaks well and holds himself like a real leader.

Too bad he chose such a crappy party to lead.......:doah:

15. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

I think the best idea thrown out was the 400 a month for child care. Also no offence to everyone but the cutting of treaty rights. It is great for the people that use it and end up successful in life, but there are too many free rides for alot of people in winnipeg. I want to see that stop.

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I think me and me militia ought to go up there and overthrow the government.

Here's what my agenda would look like if I was leading Canada.......

1. Move the capitol to Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Not only because it sounded awesome when Bret Hart was announced, but being the home of the Stampede, it should be the showcase event of the nation's capitol.

2. Quebec, Good Bye and good riddance. Maybe Mexico will take you.

3. Some dude from Canmore would be the presidential spokesman.

4. Get Bob and Doug McKenzie on-board as ambassadors of good will.

5. Force ESPN to televise the CFL live. They've got the best version of the game by far.

6. Fix the little hockey problem. Make sure there's at least one Canadian team that can win Lord Stanley's cup every year.

7 Last but not least, make sure every stinking American draft dodger that is still living up there gets their head posted in Vancouver, the arms in the Northwest Territory, the legs somewhere around Montreal and the legs somewhere out around Nova Scotia way. If they beg for forgiveness and mercy, I will allow them to live......................................breaking ****ing large rocks into small rocks somewhere 100 miles north of the Artic Circle.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

17. 89GMCSuburban

Wish came true it looks like...news was saying conservatives won more seats than the liberals. Interesting...red down here means conservative....

18. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Biggest problem is that it is a minority government, so it will also be quite unstable.

This is a similar situiation to when the conservatives last formed a government back in 1993, cept there they were brought down on a non-confidence vote very quickly, and the Liberals took almost every seat the conservatives had.

However, this is a different time. Many people are sick of liberals, and it sounds like the NDP is going to push for a stable government, which basically means they are going to be willing to support the conservative government so they can get stuff done. Of course, so long as their agenda is fufilled to an extent :)

19. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

Liberal majority in less than a year.

you herd it here first.

20. Can Can

Not likely. With Martin stepping down, the Libs are gonna have to elect a new leader before they even THINK about stirring **** in the House. Depending on who gets in, they won't risk pushing for an election until they are sure that their new leader will be accepted by their people. Remember, there is a lot of politics WITHIN the Liberal party that they have to overcome before they start thinking about re-election. Look at Martin- he was doomed from the start thanks to the Chretien groupies.

Anyhow, it sounds like the Bloc is willing to give Harper a chance, which essentially means the Libs won't have enough support to push through any kind of non-confidence vote.

I guess you don't understand politics as much as I thought......:dunno: