Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can dual fueltanks be installed in a 90 Blazer???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by triger, Jan 22, 2003.

1. triger

triger 1/2 ton status

<font color="green">can this be done? </font color> /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. cryptobiotic

cryptobiotic Registered Member

I doubt it, unless you installed 2 tiny ones in place of your 1 big one /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

You could probably fit them if you have a big body lift, or they will be hanging down too much.
    I am fitting some on my Jeep wagoneer with a 3inch body lift and they barely fit.

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

You can get a larger main tank. The folks at www.aerotanks.com have a 40 gallon one for K5's. Years ago I put a 45 gallon tank into a '72 Blazer. I could drive a LONG time between fuel stops! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I bought it from a place in California called Arrow Tanks, but I haven't seen an ad for them in a really long time. They used to also have 18 gallon saddle tanks for Blazers. With their big main tank and a pair of their saddle tanks you could carry 81 gallons of fuel! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

5. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I just had my 50gal. arrow tank on my '73 re-nu-ed. It was on the truck when I bought it. It's a beautiful thing!
    I don't know where it came from, other than the arrow name, I've looked, but I love it!