Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can get a Deal on 37.5 TSLs.... Should I go for it?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by WantedaDodge, Feb 21, 2007.

1. WantedaDodge

WantedaDodge 1/2 ton status

I can get 4 lightly used 37x12.50R17 TSLs from my local tire shop for $800 mounted and balanced! The guy at the shop looked at my truck and with my dodge wheels he is thinking the 37.5s will fit. I run a 4 inch lift w/ Rancho(I think, maybe trail master?) springs in the front and blocks in the rear.

I don't have much flex in the front end and was thinking of trimming the fenders a little anyways, as well as a 1 inch body lift eventually, and maybe some zero rates up front with a little taller block in the rear.

At 200$ a tire mounted and balanced I think that I'm doing pretty good. I wasn't planning on running this much tire w/ 4.10 gears and a lo-po 350, but hey it's a pretty good deal! I only have '31s on it right now but there looks to be a lot of room under there.

Would you guys go for it or should I stay safe and buy some '35s? I mean I'm all about having max wheel travel over max tire size, but 37.5s sure would look mean!!!!:bow:

2. matneyr

matneyr Registered Member

Do the 37's. I wimped out and dodged a set of 39.5's when I could have had them -- I wish I'd went ahead and bought them! Just cut the fenders and you'll be fine.

3. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

there is only one way to find out if they fit and you like them. Buy them and run them for awhile.

4. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

I've got 34x10.5's on stock springs. I will need to trim alittle when I start flexing but for my DD there fine. I say go for it.

5. stizkidz

stizkidz 1/2 ton status

I had 37"s on mine with a 4" lift. I had to cut the fenders somewhat. Just be prepared.

6. WantedaDodge

WantedaDodge 1/2 ton status

I have them! they fit real well so far, haven't rubbed yet, but I'm going to trim the inner fenders some(mud build up) and probably trim the lowers a bit too.

Course I might just put a 1 inch body lift on and be done with it.

They work so well though! I took it up a nasty rutted, washed out fire road to night. It was slick clay that alone would have killed my truck with the old tires. Feels like a tractor.

I love them!