Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

can I ask a favor for those of you with little pictures?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MudNurI, Mar 20, 2002.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Would it be possible for those of you with the little fancy pictures in your posts to think twice before you pick it...

here's my reasoning- I have 2 girls- 4 & 5. and the 4 year old is home during the day with me. I don't click on links when she is around for the simple reason that I don't want her to see what might be behind the "door"..however- ( I know I can click the box, and not see any pictures)...I do venture here when she is next to me,,either standing, sitting or just walking by...I am not trying to be a b*tch, I just dont want to miss the pictures people put up of their trucks, just because I have to block the risque' ones.

We don't type "4 letter " words on here, becuase you never know who might be reading....but can't we take the time to pick a different picture?

please don't bash me for this post, I'm only asking.

thanks!
    Brandy

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Having two kids hanging aound with me.. I have to agree with you...But we have a lot of younger people on here that like pics like that.. We shouldn't have to ask them to take them off because we can't watch what we are doing... It is just like TV...We need to make sure of what are kids see...Some times it is a inconvenience. But worth it in the end....Dan

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Is my Turtle to risque'? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

On a more serious note you could always choose not to be able to see the side pic's. The option is in the 'profile' area... I understand your position, but risque is pretty subjective. I'd hate to see that kind of 'censorship'...

Rene

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

what pictures are we talking about here? I havent even seen anything PG rated on CK5... let alone "risque"...

J

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> I just posted about one of the newer ones might be a bit much since it actually showed a whole breast ....... I'm not offended by it but I was concerned that it was over the line ....... Is anybody offended by my picture ? Let me know.....

6. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Deleted

7. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> I try not to be rude and at least show a little caution before I post something that I think may be offensive.

8. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Hey riz the pic you are talking about...is that the cartoon woman that dances?

9. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Yup, I'm just thinking of our sisters that are here !

10. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Gotcha /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

11. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I remember your pic was made in reply to my CK5 merchandise I made up with the cowboys... LOL....

Mmmmmm cowboys.... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Actually to be honest some of the sig pics are going a bit too far. And no just because I can turn them off in my options should I have too. I believe if you asked Steve he wanted this site to stay at a level that if a 13 year old wanted to check it out because they are into trucks they could.... how many 13 year olds would have moms who would not want them to see swearing... probably all. I think the same goes for little cartoons or real looking animations of half naked woman or stripping women.... so lets try to keep it decent, because I for one don't like the ones where it shows women playing on each other of gesturing, it's not cool.....

12. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Yup, we had fun with them, huh ?

13. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I don't know if it is a member thing or not, but I have the option in my display preferences that will turn those pics off. I usually have them off, but turned them on to see what the fuss was about. Turned out to be the dancing girl mentioned above.

14. ChevyCaGal

Yup.... I even made Wes a Heidi Klum (sp?) one and who was it I made the Teri Clark one?..... All I remember was Wes fell on his kickstand... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

15. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Wes is always falling on his kickstand ! LOL ! Where is that old peter puller anyway ?

16. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I don't think mine is that bad, rather the context in which we joke about is, if changing your options was not an option then I would drop my pic simply because you asked.../forums/images/icons/smile.gif

17. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Ditto !

18. ChevyCaGal

Probably surfing the net for tasteful art.... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

19. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Ah, .......... Good old Wes !

20. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

good grief, I am looking at these pics we are talking about and fail to see the problem with kids seeing them. I mean, all I see is some cleavage. Is the female form "dirty" or "offensive"? good grief people, its the human body. If your kids cant see that, they must not watch ANY tv cause I see worse than that every day on there.

oh well, just my opinion i guess. I think the human body is a cool thing. Nothing shameful, or dirty, or offensive, or adults-only about it.

J