Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can I bench press 205?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Rolled, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

How much does one of those weigh? I am considering pulling a th400/205 but it will be very difficult to get any tranny jacks to the parts truck. I had no problem pulling down a 208 but the 205 looks like it might be quite a bit heavier.

Am I crazy for thinking about using my arms as a tranny jack on a 205?

2. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

If you're a sissy I wouldn't recommend it, but if your tough guy then go for it. So the real question is are you a tough guy... sissy, or a sissy... tough guy?

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

The 205 is easier than one of those damn SM465's...I speak from experience. I hate when the front shaft digs into my chest

4. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

hey tell me were is at so when the sucker crushes u i can drag it off your dead boddy and take it home and put a 20.00 bill ( 4 pulling it for me ) in your rigamortus hand to help with funeral expenses /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

dude i think uv been watching to many Hulk movie previews its gone 2 ur head
    yes ur crazy
    but here is a way ya can pull it basically safe ly
    tie a chain or a STRONG rope over the cab of the truck then put a chain around the adapter then use a cumalong to lower it down 1 CLICK at a time
    make sure all is unbolted torque converter etc etc etc and save the crossmemberbolts 4 last then just lower it all in 1 shot
    this is the way we do it when ya burn a tranny on the trails
    hope it helps and ya live 2 tell about it
    at lest take some plywood and some spare tires to drop it on to

5. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Dude, I can bench my weight quite easily (225#) and I had a hell of a time getting my 205 in with out a little help from friends or jacks...Its ot the weight so much as how ackward it is...and there really aren't any decent places to grab on to itother than the yokes (like the rear output and front output but then it is a bizatch to get in place...What I did last time was i put it on my chest and held onto the rear output and put my other hand unterneath with my finger wrapping into the PTO cover-hole..then I have a buddy grab the output side and rotate it up once the spline were engaged, I let go with my hand that was under the t-case nad wrapped into the PTO and threaded the bolts..

6. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Whether you can or cannot... doesnt matter. Just get a buddy to help and a jack and it will make it much less of a headache.

Ken H.