Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can I bum a bolt?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Larry_in_Tx, May 16, 2005.

1. Larry_in_Tx

Larry_in_Tx 1/2 ton status

After sitting on the greasable bushings for about 8 months I finally put the things in this weekend. Now the install went great, the old junk came out easier than I thought but when I popped the grease gun on to give the new ones a shot one of the zerks popped off. Leave it up to me to find a way to screw it up.:doah:

Soooo what kind of damage would I be looking at to get one bolt sent out so I can take this one out and hide my screw up?

2. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

The hole on the inside of the bolt may be blocked by one of the bushings so you may need to rotate it a little so it'll except grease. The zerk fittings are just a press in type so just press it back in. If the fitting keeps coming out you can just clean the hole where the fitting goes really well and add some loctite to it and put the fitting back in.

3. Larry_in_Tx

Larry_in_Tx 1/2 ton status

I tried getting it back in there but it was way too loose to stay in by itself. It came off when I was putting the gun on which is kind of weird, and what ever that thing is behind the zerk is long gone. It kind of looked like a spring as it fell into the 50 lbs of dirt that came off my truck when I was working on it never to be seen again…I hate working on a dirty truck.

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Give us a call and we'll try to work something out. You could check a local parts bin for a zerk too, it may be a problem with that part. I've thought about tack welding them in if they cause problems....