Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can I fit Side Saddle Tanks on a 92 IFS pickup?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pookster, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Was just thinking, since I pretty much have nothing else on the side of my truck.. maybe I should put a set of the saddle tanks in for the biodiesel/WVO conversion. but I think the frame is wider than the eariler frames.

Any comments? Can I get plastic ones? Where's the best place to get one?

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Why would you want to retrofit something with such a bad reputation to the truck?

IFS trucks have HUGE tanks available anyway. I doubt you'll need a saddle tank for more capacity.

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

As I stated before, its for the WVO setup. Its a bad reputation for GAs trucks, but the only vile thing inside my saddle tanks will be used vegetable oil. Hardly something I am worried about.

[ QUOTE ]
    Why would you want to retrofit something with such a bad reputation to the truck?

IFS trucks have HUGE tanks available anyway. I doubt you'll need a saddle tank for more capacity.

[/ QUOTE ]

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

So your plan is regular Diesel in the main tank, and bio diesel in the saddle tanks?

Cool!

I'd suggest an IFS Suburban or IFS K5 fuel tank near the rear. Take off your spare tire and it'd be perfect.

5. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

I saw that. But then.. where do I put my spare? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif