Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can i flush it?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BIG*RED, May 30, 2005.

1. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

the things that i think of when i don't sleep......so i have a cat, and the litter box is in the restroom, right next to the toilet. and well like everyone else, i'm not a big fan of cleaning it. so i was just in there staring at it and the toilet. and i got to wondering...can i flush it?..its one of those clumping, scoopable litters, and i was wondering if i can just scoop and flush? i used to live a little farther in the county and had a septic tank, and i know that it was recommend not to do that with the septic tank...but now that i'm in the city????? i would think that you could just flush it..man i need to sleep...

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I hate cleaning the littler box so badly that I bought one of these self cleaning littler boxes.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

if in the city then i would say flush it just the clumps only. if its not as big as your stuff then it wont plug up. and its not as bad as the woman stuff that goes down the tubes.:grin: :blush:

Last edited: May 30, 2005
  4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

How do the cats like it? I've always heard they are really small and cats prefer to just crap on the ground.

5. ktedesco

ktedesco 1/2 ton status

We use one of those self cleaning boxes for our two cats. They seem to like it. It does seem to be kind of a pain to replace the tray but I wouldn't know, the wife handles that! :D

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

We have one cat that would sh_t on the floor if the litter box is "dirty", ever sense we got the self cleaning box, she hasn't dropped a bomb on the floor. We have 3 cats and they all use this box. They seam too like it quite well.

7. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

DON"T flush that kind it will clog everything up. They do make the flushible kind. But the one you have is like packing clay in your pipes when it gets wet it absorbs the moisture and turns hard. I hate cleaning my cat box too!!

8. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

ahh yes this is exactly what i was thinking..it would just sick and clog it all up..btw..my litter box is the litter maid self cleaning, but this dump of a place i live in only has one plug in the bathroom..wich is taken up by my toothbrush...they run on batteries too, but they suck the batteries quick..

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Get one of those 1-in/3-out addaptors.