Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

can I get a #2 combo supersized?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BooShaK5, Dec 24, 2000.

1. BooShaK5

BooShaK5 Registered Member

If someone (with a K5 of course) wanted to hook up their steel baby with a few treats, namely a performance exhaust, intake, chip, and electronic ignition system all at the same time, could they (me) go somewhere to get a decent price for everything? On a side note, what's the best ignition system? I've heard of Jacob's and MDS. Thanks to all.
    From Dave.

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

If I'm buying more than 1 'goody' for my truck I usually ask if there is a discount. I have no shame and most of the time I'll get a better deal on at least one of the parts I'm buying.

As far as ignition goes, I've heard some of the guys complain about their experience with Jacobs. MSD seems to get the vote for best aftermarket ignition here.

Rene

[​IMG]

3. NYC K5

NYC K5 1/2 ton status

there are adds in petersons 4-wheeler that have the combos you are looking for. as far as ignition systems i am running the jacobs for a year and have had no problems the only drawback was more power and better gas milage. alot of guys on this site have a friend of a friend who had a bad experience with them, but i havent talked to anyone who themselves have had a bad experience with it. go figure

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I had an MSD and will get another one.

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

5. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Try RV performance center. I cant remember their number but they have ads in the 4x4 mags. They have all the combos you need.

6. Hobbes68

Hobbes68 Registered Member

I put a Jacobs ignition system in an Tuned Port 5.7 Camaro I used to own about seven years ago. I couldn't tell the difference with or without it. No difference in mileage either. I ended up returning it to Jacobs and they gave me a full refund. They even let me keep the t-shirt for free. They were a good company to deal with from a customer service standpoint, but I'm not convinced their products live up to their claims.

7. Hobbes68

Hobbes68 Registered Member

I put a Jacobs ignition system in an Tuned Port 5.7 Camaro I used to own about seven years ago. I couldn't tell the difference with or without it. No difference in mileage either. I ended up returning it to Jacobs and they gave me a full refund. They even let me keep the t-shirt for free. They were a good company to deal with from a customer service standpoint, but I'm not convinced their products live up to their claims. If I were to do it again, I'd go with the MSD. Just my $0.02.