Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can i get some pics of how you guys routed your Hydro assist hoses?......

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Silver84k5, May 19, 2003.

1. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

title basically says it all, Need to see pics of people with hydro, and stock tie rod location..... I havent messed with it much, but i know how i have them right now, isnt going to cut it, Thx for help.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i basically wound them over the top of the frame and then down to the ram, zip ties keep them together and off of any hot surfaces. Works fine so far. These 2 pics show how i did mine...

pic1

pic2

j

3. Silver84k5

thx, looks like i got to play with the fittings on the ram itself, but i dont see how im suppose to keep them tight cuz im gonna have to loosen them to get them in right positions, How do i tackle that part?

4. jekbrown

yeah, it definitely takes some fiddling. I forget which end it is, but if I remember right only one end of the hoses has the kind of connector on it where u can twist it on without turning the whole hose... basically u just connect the other non-swively (good tech term) ends first, then the swively ones last so things dont get all kinked. I had to test fit mine and mess with em several times to get em just how I wanted em...

of course, all of this assumes that Matt is still using the exact same type of hoses. lol! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

5. Silver84k5

did you use Teflon tape on the threads? I just dont see how things are gonna stay tight....

6. jekbrown

yeah there is some teflon tape... but I dont think the connection twisting off is gonna be a problem... I dunno maybe matt is using different stuff now than when i got my ram in august. Only one end has a connector that is swively... and the other end doesnt turn at all so the stuff shouldnt come apart. I haven't checked to see how tight mine are, but I do know they arent leakin...

j

7. Silver84k5

im talking about the fittings that you screw into the ram, im gonna have to loosen them, cuz they are both pointed to the left, and on yours it looks like one is pointed to the rear of the truck........ ill get it figured it out ;P thx.