Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

can i put dual tanks in my burb

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by derikleon, Jul 7, 2006.

1. derikleon

derikleon Registered Member

I want to add another gas tanks to my 77' burb, obviously it just has the rear tank for now. is this going to be hard to do or can it just be bolted up with the use of the factory truck brackets

2. uglytruk

uglytruk 1/2 ton status

IN A JUNKYARD, UNDER A TRUCK*N E Rust Belt
    Nope. Pickup rises at the bed area, Sub gets lower to accomadate doors. I want to convert my '87 Sub to veggie oil, and had the same thought. Saddle tanks, but more changes than 1st thought. Even rear shocks upper mount different...

3. uglytruk

uglytruk 1/2 ton status

IN A JUNKYARD, UNDER A TRUCK*N E Rust Belt
    Here are some pix of rear area...

Can't find pix of PU... this is Sub...

Sub fuel--veggie-bdy mnt 018.jpg

Sub fuel--veggie-bdy mnt 020.jpg

Sub fuel--veggie-bdy mnt 014.jpg

4. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

custom fuel cell?

5. stkcode

stkcode Registered Member

It's too bad your so far away. I have the tank (no mountings or straps), sending unit, filler and valve from my 86 I planned on parting soon. I can measure the tank if it helps any. It's not a factory setup btw, was done by some trailer shop. The saddle tank had the filler mounted in the driver's side wheel well.

6. SubYuman

SubYuman 1/2 ton status

Aero Tanks

Makes saddle tanks AND a rear mount tank. I had three on my 79...
    45 gallon rear tank and 2-22 gal saddles, 99 gallons!!! I miss being able to fill it for $100, costs me $138 the othe day to fill my 42 gallon tank. Man I wish someone made a bigger tank for mine....I go 450-470 miles between fillups....about once a week.....
    http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2005698/showCustom-0/p-2005698/N-111+10201+600002071/c-10101/reviewflag-1#review

EDIT:
    Went to Aero tANKS WEBSITE AND THEY NO LONGER OFFER ALL THE STUFF THEY USED TO FOR OLDER sUBS AND TRUCKS. tHERE ARE A FEW TANKS FOR YOU GUYS THOUGH...i THINK i SAW A 43 GAL. bLAZER TANKS THERE....

7. CrewCab59

CrewCab59 1/2 ton status

Are you just needing more fuel room?

If your wanting to run a 6.2 on veg oil there is no converting to due,if you live in the cold just add a tank heater to keep the oil warm.