Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

can i take out a leaf on skyjacker front spring???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by UNCLE CRACKER, Apr 16, 2002.

1. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

i just ordered some 6inch skyjacker front springs but i realy only need 5inches of lift my question is can i take out a leaf in the front to lower the truck an inch or will that S shape the springs in hard wheeling conditions also will it make the springs sag faster?i have heard of guys doing this but are the springs holding up?

2. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Registered Member

i have a friend who did this with a 6 in lift and has had no problems with it. the only thing that it did was drop it about a half an inch and give it a little more flex. other than that he has had no problems for the last year. hope that helps

3. UNCLE CRACKER

thanks for the reply.does he wheel his truck on the rocks to where he his flexing his supension alot.and what size tire is he runnin

4. UNCLE CRACKER

is there anyone else who knows somthing about this.I called skyjacker today and they said it should be ok to take the number 4 spring out.they said they have heard of people doing this but not sure of the outcome

5. UNCLE CRACKER

anyone.......................

6. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

I do know this. if you mess with skyjackers matched springs and remove a leaf. they will not warranty them at all.

7. UNCLE CRACKER

Im picking up my front springs tomorrow from Daniel (BlueKnight) at 4WPW.dose anyone know if it is ok to do this or should i just leave the springs the way they are. There was a post a while back about some guys doing this but i can not find it dose anyone know where the post is located?Thanks.......

8. UNCLE CRACKER

after seeing pics of krazie87k5 truck im just going to leave the springs alone it looks like they flex great out of the box

9. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status