Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can I use stock steer pump w/ my AGR box?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by PetaKane, May 17, 2002.

1. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

Or do I need to install the 'Super pump' that AGR offers?

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

You can use the stock pump. I do, kpanza does, as do others I believe. No problems in my case, but only been driving it for 3 days.

3. TheLakeRat

TheLakeRat 1/2 ton status

Yes you can. AGR just bumps the pressure up on them a little other wise they are stock. If you want to bump the pressure up yourself you can. Take the main fiting of the back of the pump and pull out the piston that is behind it. On the other end of that piston is a nut with a small screen in it. That nut will either not be screwed in all the way or will have a small shim or 2 under it. Remove all those shims and then tighten down all the way and reassenble it the same way you took it apart. and you will have an AGR pump

4. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

i wouldnt reccomend it they cost tooo much , i have an agr box and a crappy pump which i did that remover the shims mod too and its still needs replaced er sumpin so i may try the next mod cuz thats easier that changing the pump....