Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can Photoshop 5.0 resize a group of pics automatically?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by divorced, Apr 18, 2005.

1. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Suppose I create a folder on my desktop and put about 75 pictures that I took with my digital camera in it, can Photoshop automatically resize all the photos or do I need to resize each one individually? All of the resized pics will be the same size. Is there any auto programs? I need to shrink some pics to post them online, but I really don't want to do them all individually.

Thanks.

2. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

AFIAK, Photoshop can't do multiple pictures at the same time, but what you can do is set up an action to resize the photo, save it and close it all in 1 shot. this way, all you have to do is open all the photos into photoshop and play the action for each one. You could do 75 this way in a matter of a minute or 2.

I'm sure there is software out there that can do this but I'm unaware of what it would be called

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I'm not familiar enough with photoshop to say, but look for a "batch" option. Even search the help file for the word "batch". I know Macromedia Fireworks can do it, and that's a cheaper/cheesier program than photoshop.

I vaguely recall someone telling me once they could batch a bunch of photos for me in photoshop, but I can't really remember...

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Actually, yes it will resize a number of pics at the same time.

Open up the help file and search for "Batch" and read up. :D

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Thanks for all the info. I'll read up on it and give it a shot.